New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Ok....am I missing something

Old 05-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ok....am I missing something

McCain's commets today about conflict in the Middle East and such got me thinking.....(that and Bourbon....hey the K-Derby is this weekend )

Dependence on foreign oil and such.....

Why TF, the country that invented the nuclear bomb, landed on the freeking moon, decoded the human genome etc etc etc...., have we not figured this out.

Between our vast spaces and advancement of superconductors, why have we not established a national energy campus.

got a problem with N power? How about a national geothermal energy production facility? Tap the core baby.

I just don't understand the complete lack of movement despite the allmighty know how/get it done mentality of our nation.

All the power we'd need for thousand of years.....sitting underneath us...I'm confused.

Rant over.....
Old 05-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

because it's really not us that OWN this country but others -

very good rant Jeff (and i've had my share if some fine KT bourbon this evening as well my friend )

i think N is the way to go BUT people will say not in my back yard (to me that's fine put the plants in... i don't know Iowa.. no ones back yard)

Geo thermo?? don't know much about it... however tonight i am heating with a renewable energy source and i it.. sure it's a lot of work but nothing beats it

btw how's your SON doing this fine evening?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Excellent on all counts! He smiled at me this week....and it had nothing to do with gas .

N is the way to go....

Old 05-02-2008, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cubs2k,May 2 2008, 08:19 PM
He smiled at me this week....and it had nothing to do with gas ..
dude that's awesome..
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubs2k,May 2 2008, 08:19 PM
Excellent on all counts! He smiled at me this week....and it had nothing to do with gas .
Feels awesome huh? Wait til he says dada and smiles at you. Or gives you a hug! Best things in life are free... These are some at the top of the list. Never woulda thunk it.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also enjoyin the bourbon this evening and between cubs core theory and jerrys solar thingy on the vintage board its a wonder how screwed up we really are when there is a solution to our energy problems but no one is doing anything progressive towards fixing them.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:36 AM

i blame Bill
Old 05-03-2008, 06:31 AM

I believe most of it is $$$ hell its all $$$ driven. Tracie works for a comodities trading firm and its all about squeezing a profit out of swapping contracts back and forth. Hence the run up on gas. So do I bitch at $4 a gallon gas or the 25% bonus she hits every year.

I think we will really need a profound incident to really get folks around something as huge as national policy on energy and/or even developing a renewable source of energy. I really don't believe our current generation does not have the disposition as the generation of the early/mid 20th century who were really moved by the world wars and a desire to be the best they can be.

So do we need to hit $6 a gallon or Do we need a huge blackout or simply a runout of current energy sources. Time will tell. I maybe taking notes from steve on loading up on firewood and jerry on solar panels and f' the rest of the world.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:10 AM

i blame the oil lobbyist and our intimate relationships with the middle east countries *cough* saudi arabia is keeping our alternative energies initiatives down.

but with the increase of oil prices the demand of alternative energy will finally be brought forward to possiblity outweigh the influence of the lobbyist and middle east
Old 05-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,647 Posts

no folks, the US has an oil problem.
currently we are importing between 400 and 425 million barrels of oil a month.
20 years ago it was half that.
we have ~ 300 million people in the US.
do the math! that more than a barrel almost a barrel and a half per person per month.
and BTW that's just what we import!!
and by the way I'm not be a hypocrite becuase I know I am part of the problem

to George's point,
I wouldn't be disappointed to the strategic reserve tapped at irregular intervals just to screw with the speculators.
or perhaps a restriction that you can't buy options if you can't take delivery at contract termination.

Quick Reply: Ok....am I missing something