New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Odd, yet funny, encounter with local cop

Old 08-18-2004, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an 'encounter' the other day. I was heading to RadioShack to pickup some cable (the joys of owning an EMS). I pulled off the highway and in the distance to the left I noticed a cop car. I turned onto the side road and the cop pulled up behind of me. I turned into the parking lot, he followed. Turned right, he followed. Turned left into a parking spot, he pulled behind me and stopped. I shut the car down and get out, he beckons me over ... 'That's the sweetest sounding Honda I've ever heard' he say. 'Thanks' I respond. He bids me good day and drives off
Old 08-18-2004, 12:18 PM

[QUOTE=PsychoBen,Aug 18 2004, 01:06 PM] My short story on an encounter
Old 08-18-2004, 12:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nah, it was another town. I wish I had a video library of some of the stuff that they pull so I can show them if they ever pull me over.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe that cop's girlfriend just ran away with a guy who drives a gorgeous yellow S just like yours.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by YOD88,Aug 18 2004, 11:30 AM
very odd story...
maybe he was bored and wanted to race! j/k
Springfield is an intresting one... not my favorite area of MA but its ok
many roads there are pretty bad there no? Have they fixed them yet??
Ummm....Springfield, VT...
Old 08-19-2004, 01:11 PM

Maybe he was looking for someone or a car that had been called out as wanted for something. I wouldn't worry about him looking at you as he drove by, we look at EVERYONE. How do you think we find the people that are printed on wanted posters? It's not by driving with blinders on. Alot of people are critical of cops driving quickly around town. It's usualy those same people that complain that it took too long for you to get there when they called about the illegaly parked car in their driveway or some other minor incident.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jmrobins,Aug 18 2004, 09:21 PM
Ummm....Springfield, VT...
Ohhh! my mistake
Old 08-19-2004, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Aug 19 2004, 05:11 PM
Maybe he was looking for someone or a car that had been called out as wanted for something. I wouldn't worry about him looking at you as he drove by, we look at EVERYONE. How do you think we find the people that are printed on wanted posters? It's not by driving with blinders on. Alot of people are critical of cops driving quickly around town. It's usualy those same people that complain that it took too long for you to get there when they called about the illegaly parked car in their driveway or some other minor incident.

nothing but respect for your profession buddy - you couldn't pay me enough to deal with the BS you see day in and day out!!

it took me a while (and a lot of $$s) to understand what i'm saying -

but who do people call when they need help?? 911!!
Old 08-19-2004, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Skimad57,Aug 18 2004, 12:09 PM

Well did you find out what was going on with the car, come on inquiring owners want to know.
I heard the same story that Robb did that some cop was out killing cars. Maybe he thought that you car looked like a target hope not, anyway he knows you now.
The car has had hiccups once again (today) - about to post about it actually. I have not had a chance to pull the plugs yet; however I did convert my BPV into a BOV in order to reduce hot air blowing back into the intake. Also I put some injector cleaner into the car in hopes that it would help.

Basically what happens is every so often the car starts acting strange. It does not matter if the car has been running 10 minutes or 4 hours, it happens either way (or so it seems...this was the 4th time it has happened...started last Saturday). If I step on the throttle, right near the top of the pedal the car bogs terribly (like it is not getting enough fuel, or not enough air). Once the throttle is depressed far enough, BAM! whatever is happening stops and power comes back (rather suddenly!)

No lights are popping on (check engine, etc); however I would really like to fix this! A couple of suggestions I have had already: spark plugs (check and replace). Clean/replace the air filter. ECU, ESM, Injectors, Fuel pump or fuel filter.

Any ideas?
Old 08-19-2004, 07:50 PM

check out your map sensor and the box that comes with comptech kit for limiting the signal from it. It may not be set correctly.

Quick Reply: Odd, yet funny, encounter with local cop