New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Odd, yet funny, encounter with local cop

Old 08-17-2004, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd, yet funny, encounter with local cop

Okay, so this evening I had an odd, yet funny, encounter with one of the local cops here in town.

About 10:30pm I was headed for a quick cruise through town before going home. Just as I was coming into the 25mph zone entering Main St, I saw the front end of a cop car pull out from behind a resturant. I slowed down to hit the speed limit and continued past it, up Main St.

In the middle of town there's a Chittenden bank. I pulled in and went to the ATM to take out some cash. Apparently while I was taking out the money (I was the ONLY person/car in the parking lot) the cop slowly pulled in and went around the corner and parked (near the exit).

When I pulled out I came around the corner and yikes! there's the cop car. Of course I wasn't doing anything wrong, so I drove past him and out the exit. I took a left, and drove down the street (back alley) to Main St. Just as I was pulling out, taking a right, I looked in my rear-view. The cop was just pulling out of the bank parking lot down the street with his lights off. What the!?

So I continued pulling out, careful to follow the speed limit and not rev too loudly. About 200 yards down the road, there was a parking lot on the far side of the road. I immediately pulled in and turned around. Just as I was about to pull out (going back the OTHER direction (South)) the cop goes really speeding by (must've been doing about 50 in the 25 zone). I stare at him as I pull out in the other direction - he glares at me.

Deciding that I REALLY do want to cruise around town, I turn around near the bank and head back up Main St (North). On my way the cop goes speeding by me heading South... Once again I stare at him and he glares at me.

I get to the end of Main St and pull into a gas station on the right and hop out to fill up the tank (the reason why I got the cash in the first place). Just as I am opening my tank the cop comes speeding back again, heading North!!! He sees me parked in the gas station and slows down, glares at me and then speeds off - running a red light...

What the heck was that?!

So, after all this I canned my cruise around town and just went home. It was a good laugh though.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:33 PM

odd indeed after reading that all i can think of is The Twilight Zone dodododododoo
Old 08-18-2004, 02:48 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Great story, Is the car running OK now?
Old 08-18-2004, 03:46 AM

Received 4,234 Likes on 3,297 Posts

Justin I'm just hearing a story on the news now about a springfield VT cop shooting someone on Mon. night I'm sure you will hear this story by the end of the day today.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:30 AM

They didn't actually shoot anyone, just shot out the car's window... Apparently the woman was attempting to back over the cop and he was fearful for his life - so he shot out her window.

He's on leave at the moment, but you never know what the water here in Springfield will make people do...
Old 08-18-2004, 05:57 AM

Springfield is kinda scary...
but nothing compared to Holyoke... I hate driving through there.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:30 AM

very odd story...
maybe he was bored and wanted to race! j/k
Springfield is an intresting one... not my favorite area of MA but its ok
many roads there are pretty bad there no? Have they fixed them yet??
Old 08-18-2004, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Aug 18 2004, 05:48 AM
Great story, Is the car running OK now?

Well did you find out what was going on with the car, come on inquiring owners want to know.
I heard the same story that Robb did that some cop was out killing cars. Maybe he thought that you car looked like a target hope not, anyway he knows you now.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My short story on an encounter
Old 08-18-2004, 10:43 AM

Received 3,180 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Justin,

It's that yellow car! It's a "cop magnet."

The cop is thinking "I've heard about those S2000 people. They speed all over the state of Vermont, especially Route 17." I'm gonna watch this guy, and get him someday."

It took him a couple of passes by you before he completely memorized your license plate number!

Quick Reply: Odd, yet funny, encounter with local cop