New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Newbie Intro

Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Intro

Hi my name is Craig and I am new here.

I posted this in the general section in the intro thread cause it seemed like the right thing to do at the time:

"Picked up a 2001 in NFR last Friday. About 36,000 miles. It was the one for sale at Bernardi Toyota. After a couple of trips in the car I believe I made the right choice when I was looking for a "fun" car.

A bit about me - car wise I did the autocross scene for a few years, even dabbling in national stuff in a subaru. Did time trials or schools (BMW and COMSCC) for awhile too in the same subaru and an E30 M3. Currently race regionally in SCCA in a FV. I know very little about S2000s other than they like to rev and are fun to drive.

Besides cars I play in a old man baseball league and a tennis league during the summers. During the winter I do what my wife tells me to do.

I'd attach pics, but it'd be faster if you GIS'ed a stock red S2000. No mods to the car that I know of, probably won't be too many either actually. Plans are to just drive it and enjoy it. Well I did order a new set of street tires - Yokohama A048s seemed liked a fantastic choice.

Looking forward to attending a few meets, becoming a member of the community, and learning about my new to me car."

I live in Leominster, MA with my wife (Wendy) and fish (Rocco).

Pics:

Old 10-13-2010, 05:00 PM

welcome

lookin clean
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM

welcome, have to say like the color hehe
Old 10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
IMP

During the winter I do what my wife tells me to do.
Tell her I said hi.

--kC
(I've known Craig for years)
Old 10-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Welcome to the group! It's good times here. Lots of great people willing to share their knowledge and time on drives.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

welcome aboard!

if your playing old man baseball, you might also want to look at the vintage forum as well. ( owners not the cars)

Old 10-13-2010, 07:02 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Hi Craigs. see if the wife will tell you to go to the Mohawk trail drive this weekend. You can meet up with some of us.

How are you doing in formula V?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:51 PM

ahh the bernardi s2000. I know exactly which one you're talking about lol.

welcome welcome

-Ri.Le
Old 10-13-2010, 11:46 PM

KC - Will do.

I guess the phrase "old man baseball" is a bit vague - it's 28+. Basically a bunch of guys hanging onto a dream. Most of us played with or against each other in high school or college back in the day. We still think we got skills even after all these years.

Formula Vee racing is fun, exciting, always competative, and hard. Being OK at it it easy, getting to be top third of the pack is some work, getting to be top 3 has happened before, but doing ot consistently is actually pretty darn difficult. They people are great, the racing is fun, but running up front even at the regional level takes talent, skill, and $. I love it.

Racing this year had some highs and lows - had a second place finish, stuffed the car once, was taken out the weekend I got the car back on track, and was decently competative at LRP. But I missed 3 weekends due to travel for work so season standings wise it was nothing great.

I can't mke the drive this weekend - we are doing Pumpkin Fest in Keene. But I'll make some of the meets in the future.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome Craig, anything you want to know about your S this is the place. It's also a great place for things other than the S. Good decision on buying new tires the Ap1 can get squirrely on old rubber.

Quick Reply: Newbie Intro