New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

My New Challenge - Non S2K Related

Old 02-12-2002, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think this needs to go to the top...

And I think if you read it, you shouldn't be afraid to share your thoughts and feelings...
Old 02-12-2002, 08:39 PM

God bless you, man. We've not yet had the chance to hang out, except for you staring at the back of my head for the duration of the meeting, but your reputation as a great guy preceded you. And if this group of good folk says you're good folk, then you must be great folk. I look forward to seeing you around this summer and you will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:39 AM

Dana: We're behind the effort to vote for you to fall into that 15% that go more than 5 years! In fact, you may fall into the 1% that live forever!

Hang on in there...
Old 02-13-2002, 10:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2ktaxi
[B]Dana:
Old 02-14-2002, 07:32 AM

Dana, I wish you the best of luck dealing with this! Sure sounds to me like you're on track to be in the 15%!

Like John said, I'm only a few miles down the road. Please feel free to ask me if you need some help taking care of your car - it'll be fun to work on an S2K again now that mine's gone. And I could show you "the beauty of all-wheel-drive"

-Matt
Old 02-14-2002, 08:54 AM

It's great to see such a great attitude towards this, and i'm sure it will help you immensley. I'm also glad to see you are still enjoying the tings you love and spending time with us. I certainly expect to see you at the next meet we put together.
Best Wishes, Frank
Old 02-16-2002, 05:02 PM

Dana,

What can I say. I finally get back to visit the site and....Damn. No more turning a wrench for you. Keep the faith.

Tom
Old 02-16-2002, 05:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, for cryin' out loud...I never bothered reading this thread thinking it was some road race for non-S2ks...why doesn't someone poke me in the ribs once in a while!

Dana,

I was told about this a short time ago, but had decided to do just as you've asked...treat you as if this is an inconsequential and trivial problem, no need for sympathy and all the gooey sentimental stuff that just makes EVERYONE feel wierd.

You've been a good friend to all of us who've met you, so I'm sure it doesn't come as a surprise that most of us are willing to help in any way possible...need a ride to a doctor's appointment, want some company, need a kick in the pants to go riding with us , we're there for ya.

In my unofficial capacity as someone who dated a cancer researcher for several years, I can say that it's great news the cancer has not spread to other organs. This is definitely beatable, and your can-do attitude is a wonderful tool in the fight. If you need info on drug interactions, side effects, etc., and don't think the docs are givin' to ya straight, let me know....I'm a fountain of useless info about cancer. And if I don't know the answer, my original source is still quite close

Glad to hear your fighting this, and look forward to seeing you on the next ride.
Old 02-19-2002, 10:00 AM
ggw

Hi, Dana! I made it over to your side of the fence! You'll lick this thing - we have too many road trips ahead! I've met several of you NE guys at Dana's (I drive the 82 black Vette). Dana has been my bud for many years and if anyone has a positive outlook, he has. He also has me hooked on getting an S2k in the future . Get your strength and appetite back, buddy, and hope to see you Saturday.

Guy
Old 02-19-2002, 10:30 AM

Guy - welcome! Let us know if we can help you get a car... Or join us at an autocross.

Quick Reply: My New Challenge - Non S2K Related