New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

My baby was hit

Old 06-19-2002, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going along in traffic yesterday on the way to my softball game and got hit from a guy that was coming out of his parking space I didn't feel the initial reaction until my rear end pushed out! I was so upset! I just flagged him to pull over.

He pulled over and was so sorry..I just couldn't believe it.. I got out to look at the damages and the passenger side of the back bumper was all pushed out and pealing. It was so depressing to see my baby like that! but thank god that it isn't any worse!

It's pushed in almost past the rear tire..I get my estimate tomorrow and see how much damage was done! Hopefully it won't be in the shop to long.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:23 AM

That sucks, I'm sorry Miranda.
Old 06-19-2002, 04:34 AM

Miranda, I am also very sorry

Glad you are safe and sound, and it sounds like minimal damage... but cars can be fixed At least you know the right people to repair and take care of your baby!
Old 06-19-2002, 05:03 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident Miranda...I am so paranoid with this car...I almost got rearended last week by a guy going about 60 while I was at a complete stop...I pulled over and my hands were shaking for about 5 minutes! So thank God you're all right and you can get your baby fixed...
Old 06-19-2002, 05:21 AM

Miranda,

Glad you are OK, sorry to hear about the car. Hopefully they will have her fixed in no time and back on the road looking good.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:26 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

OHHH NO!!! And you just got the rear end re-done before summer! Sheesh. Tough luck. Makes me do this----------->
Old 06-19-2002, 06:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident, Miranda.

Sounds like the damage is limited to the rear bumper?
If so and if it takes too long for the dealer get the part, perhaps you can borrow a spare red bumper from a fellow owner. I think you know who I am referring to.
Old 06-19-2002, 07:35 AM

Miranda,
I too am sorry to hear about your mishap, luckily no one was injured, and sounds like the car can easily be put back to normal again. Oh, and by the way, I have an extra red bumper or two hanging around my place too if you need one, right Derrick?
Old 06-19-2002, 09:26 AM
mas

So sorry to hear about the accident :-( I hope your car will be fixed soon so you can enjoy the weather. Make sure there's no "hidden" damage to the chassis. BTW, if you need a yellow bumper you can take mine - that's the only part left intact. Just kidding :-)

I still haven't heard back from the insurance adjusters about my car, most probably it's a total loss. I haven't decided what' I'll do in that case, chances are I'll get another spa yellow s2k but my family is very much against the idea at the moment.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by mas
.........chances are I'll get another spa yellow s2k .....
If you do... please contact myself long before you see a dealer.

Just my two cents

Quick Reply: My baby was hit