New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

MA -CO position up for grab

Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MA -CO position up for grab

Looking for people that are interested in the MA CO position. The position needs to be voted on. I will leave this open till next friday for people to have a chance to let me know if they are interested in being a nominee.

After the MA position is filled and all is well, I will be starting another thread for the NH,VT,ME rep to be elected.

Right now I think Ryan is going to stay as or souther NE rep.

Please keep this on topic and only if those of you that are interest post your desire to do so or any questions you might have .

Nominees for the poll to be started 11/25/2011 for the final vote

1. ZOMG.S2K
2. DIBI
Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 PM

What is the role of a CO you might ask.

The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:19 PM

I may be new here but I have been (and continue to be) active in the Subaru community. I am always up for adventures, meets, car shows, meeting new people, and lending a hand to those in need.

I work a full time job and go to school a night or so a week, but I certainly feel I'm online often enough to monitor the NE section regarding tech thread redirects, user management, and the like.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to get to know everyone out there. Whether I can be elected CO (despite my newbie status) or not, I hope to meet more people and I will certainly continue to create and share events, car shows, and cruises I hear about.

- Jesse
Old 11-18-2011, 07:23 PM

^got my vote.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:49 AM

I would be more than happy to help out within the New England community! Thank you for the nomination!!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by dibi
I would be more than happy to help out within the New England community! Thank you for the nomination!!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:02 AM

We have two so far . Anyone else inetrested or have any questions ? feel free to post them here or PM me
Old 11-21-2011, 08:10 AM

I was just curious about what you mean by:

Originally Posted by ScottyBallistic

Old 11-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by ZOMG.S2K

Originally Posted by ScottyBallistic' timestamp='1321656128' post='21168956

I'll give you my .02. Scott is quoting from the CO "to do" list from days gone by. IMO, some of those "to dos" are "suggestions. In the early days, there was the forum (S2KI) and the club (New England S2000 owners) NES2KO still exists, but in a limited way. NES@KO does sponsor the Fall Crawl and sees that the event, and some other drives that are held, are insured. As far membership lists, there used to be a list of members at the top of each forum, but that went by the way side with the update.

My opinion, is, right now, what this forum needs more than anything is a CO who has some time to spend here. The forum has to become more active, that in turn will grow the community. If people stop by and see an active forum, they are more likely to come back again, and participate as well.

A CO should be around to start threads, welcome new people, if you see folks out and about, let them know about the web site. The CO should try to organize some meets from time to time, but don't think a CO has to do it all. Anyone can start threads, anyone can post car related info and anyone can organize or host a meet. Hosting a meet doesn't mean you have to have people at your place. You can pick a restaurant, an event, a brewery tour, a car show, whatever and organize a group to go.

COs have been known to also have "babysitting" duties when personalities on the forum clash, but like many, I'm hoping that is no longer an issue here.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by ZOMG.S2K' timestamp='1321895419' post='21174434

[quote name='ScottyBallistic' timestamp='1321656128' post='21168956']

I'll give you my .02. Scott is quoting from the CO "to do" list from days gone by. IMO, some of those "to dos" are "suggestions. In the early days, there was the forum (S2KI) and the club (New England S2000 owners) NES2KO still exists, but in a limited way. NES@KO does sponsor the Fall Crawl and sees that the event, and some other drives that are held, are insured. As far membership lists, there used to be a list of members at the top of each forum, but that went by the way side with the update.

My opinion, is, right now, what this forum needs more than anything is a CO who has some time to spend here. The forum has to become more active, that in turn will grow the community. If people stop by and see an active forum, they are more likely to come back again, and participate as well.

A CO should be around to start threads, welcome new people, if you see folks out and about, let them know about the web site. The CO should try to organize some meets from time to time, but don't think a CO has to do it all. Anyone can start threads, anyone can post car related info and anyone can organize or host a meet. Hosting a meet doesn't mean you have to have people at your place. You can pick a restaurant, an event, a brewery tour, a car show, whatever and organize a group to go.

COs have been known to also have "babysitting" duties when personalities on the forum clash, but like many, I'm hoping that is no longer an issue here.
[/quote]

Good to know, thank you. That is what I had assumed, but you know how assumption can go sometimes.

Quick Reply: MA -CO position up for grab