New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

JEFF! FU AND THE HORSE WITH NO SNOW TIRES

Old 12-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scho01,Dec 15 2007, 01:42 PM
Most cars do well in wintry conditions with all seasons when getting to point A to point B . It's when you have to react in an emergency situation were winter tires benefit the most. Stopping or maneuvering quicker can be the difference between and accident and avoiding one.
That's why you drove slower, give greater distances and anticipate longer stops.....
Old 12-15-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

again - the S comes with summer tires - most folks don't swap to all season when they need new tires (i didn't and you didn't) but the way i read jeff's posts he says no need for snows and that is true an all season will do fine BUT a snow or "winter" tire will do better than an all season

the things that try to do a little bit of everything will never do as well as the things that are made for a specific task
Old 12-15-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^^Someone understands me
Old 12-15-2007, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cubs2k,Dec 15 2007, 02:35 PM
That's why you drove slower, give greater distances and anticipate longer stops.....
yes, and that's how you should drive in those conditions, but not all drive that way and there are times when you will have to make emergency maneuvers to avoid someone sliding out a side street, or getting sideways coming the opposite direction.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Dec 15 2007, 01:56 PM
I guess you really don't get my point. I never said anywhere that winter tires should be banned or discontinued or that no one should buy them. I simply stated that I don't need them and they are a waste for ME. Then, everyone jumped on my case and played the "everyone does it so you should too game".

If you don't have access to another vehicle for whatever reason, I guess you need winter tires if you don't feel comfortable with all seasons. Then again, if you don't have access to other vehicles I wonder if the S is a good choice in our region as your only vehicle since it is very light and RWD. But, there is nothing saying you have to or shouldn't drive an S in any conditions. Personally, as I have stated several times, if all seasons are good enough in foul weather to be placed on police cruisers and used in pursuit conditions, I think they are safe enough for Joe Blow to use going to the market.

What you do with your car/money may not be what the next guy does. Doesn't make it right or wrong. That seems to be a tough point to drive home in this forum.
In my interpretation of some of your posts, it looked to me like you were making a statement that winter tires in general were useless, and only for those who don't know how to drive in snow, not just for you personally. If I misinterpreted I apologize.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,Dec 15 2007, 02:39 PM
the things that try to do a little bit of everything will never do as well as the things that are made for a specific task
well put...
Old 12-15-2007, 01:10 PM

My comment about snow tires only for those who don't know hpw to drive was in jest. It was aimed at Al's post eluding that I think I am a better driver and don't need snowies. That's probably where the confusion came in.

I think that if you take a person who isn't smart enough to drive carefully in snow, then he probably doesn't care if he has snow tires on or not either. Also, I don't think snow tires are a substitute for good driving in foul weather.

I would bet that most people who take the time and spend the money to put on snow tires in the first place are enthusiasts and probably drive better than most of those on the road to begin with. You could put tank treads on some people's cars and they would still rack them up.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:45 PM

S2000's dont need snow tires.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:46 PM

^^^^^ Another believer
Old 12-16-2007, 02:49 PM

Ive done a full season w/o snows and a half season last year, and I have been out in 3 snow storms (including today) and not had a problem. If you live in NE, learn to drive in the snow.

Quick Reply: JEFF! FU AND THE HORSE WITH NO SNOW TIRES