New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Insurance Rates... PLEASE READ!

Old 10-21-2005 | 05:08 PM
20 Year Member

Rick,

You have a good argument.

Maybe a few more folks should not be quite so complacent, but I think people may be tired of when it comes to this battle. The insurance battle has raged on for years.

Over twenty five years ago, I worked for an insurance company, that company along with many others pulled out of MA and stopped insuring many "lines" here, especially auto. I have a brother in law who worked for the same insurance company for about 10 years, then two others, all of those companies "closed up shop" in the state of MA.
Old 10-21-2005 | 05:33 PM

hey what company do you work for?
Old 10-22-2005 | 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by KAY'S,Oct 21 2005, 08:48 PM
the internet often comes off wrong i was no way trying to talk down or be disrespectful.. but also i do have a certain way i talk which often comes out kind of dickish when not meant to be..... sorry but please take that in to consideration.
i know you didn't mean it Kay BUT i would venture to say you don't use the term while in the office...

just saying we have a very diverse group here and while i may say certain things to Glenn, Scott and Ben while at a strip club, or bar i would not say the same things here on the board because everyone reads the board and MAY take offsence

I am sure you'll agree that we have a great club and some of this stems from the mutual respect we give each other
Old 10-22-2005 | 05:03 AM
20 Year Member

I'll add one thing about car insurance rates. The location or town where your car is registered to will play a major factor on how much your rate will be. Since your avatar says you live in New Bedford, I wouldn't be surprised if that your rates would be higher than say... Cheapside, MA (yes, it's an actual town in western MA )
Old 10-22-2005 | 03:51 PM

Rick,

I honestly think this might be a case of "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." IMO if insurance was unregulated in MA rates would go up for a lot of people. Shug is probably right that people who live where there are more cows than cars would probably save some $$$, but being that you live in New Bedford I would wager your rates would go up. Of course, we'll never know for sure unless it happens and I don't believe it will.
Old 10-22-2005 | 04:11 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Oct 22 2005, 03:51 PM
Rick,

I honestly think this might be a case of "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it." IMO if insurance was unregulated in MA rates would go up for a lot of people. Shug is probably right that people who live where there are more cows than cars would probably save some $$$, but being that you live in New Bedford I would wager your rates would go up. Of course, we'll never know for sure unless it happens and I don't believe it will.
I strongly disagree.

Any time there is competition in pricing, one company is going to drop to try to earn more buisness. Which causes a riple effect.

We have a "supply and demand" system for insurance here. They have the supply and we have a demand (by law). Though the insurance companies here did not chose this (as far as I know) it would be dumb for them not to fight the change (which they strongly fight).

So the only way for this to change is for people to speak up.