New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Insurance premium in Mass. is out of control!!!!!!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance premium in Mass. is out of control!!!!!!!!

I recently moved to Quincy, MA and received a new quote for my insurance premium.

I have a 98 Passat and a 02 S2000. When I was living in Newton, premium was around 3.2K a year.

Now it jumped up to 4K a year!!!!

My step pts is 15.

I already use $1,000 as the deductible! This is nuts!

Anybody wanna post their insurance premium, your city and your step pts here? Just want to do some comparison here.

Happy motoring!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My god you guys have it bad...
Old 05-06-2004, 06:44 AM

Yes and even so in Connecticut too....

Here's an older post talking about Auto Insurance for the S

Not sure on what step points are all about but I got 3 vehicles and paid $1,676.00 this year. $787 was from the S. It jumped $115 with the same company - Liberty Mutual this year alone. People got to stop crashing their S2000s!

Good Luck in your search.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:18 AM

Received 3,215 Likes on 1,862 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Hoth
I recently moved to Quincy, MA and received a new quote for my insurance premium.

My step pts is 15.
I already use $1,000 as the deductible! This is nuts!

It's your #15 rating that gets you, as well as Massachusetts being very expensive for car insurance. Premiums also depend on where you live, as well as the coverage you choose, but this year I think they went up in many areas. Your Step 15 rating results in a higher charge for certain coverages in your policy, vs. someone with a lower rating, not sure exactly how it works.
We live in small town and our rates just went up this year, with the explanation that we are paying more to average out the larger cities.
We have a 2002 Jeep Liberty, and the 2004 S. Our premium for the two is around $2600.00. We are both Step 9 drivers (best you can have) .......until one of us gets a ticket driving the "S"....
Old 05-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ouch! My wife and I pay about $2000 for our 3 cars, we are step 9 and 10 respectively.

Sounds like the step is hurting you a lot. Is your S listed as "for pleasure use" ? That might help reduce the premium......
Old 05-06-2004, 07:53 AM

Thanks guys,

I have not had tickets for the past two years. I hope the trend continues. Meanwhile, I just faxed over my policy to Metlife. They have an agreement with our company, I hope it helps.

Otherwise, when the new BMW 3 series comes out, I may consider selling both of my cars and get the new 3.

Oh, no!!!!!!!!! Not my beautiful S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 AM

I love the M3 Good choice as a replacement. As long as the new 3 doesnt look as ugly as some of the current Bmw;s.
Anyways, i pay more than you do here in CT Hoth. I pay 4560 a year through Progessive for my 2000 S and my peice of crap 92 sentra. And i shopped around, and this was the best rate i could get at the time. I have 2 incidents on my record (NOT my fault mind you) but in this no-fault state of CT we innocent victims have to pay for other peoples negligence. My integra was stolen in april 2002, then my 300zx was totalled when a 73yo man ran a red light and spun me around and pushed me into a sidewalk, almost hitting the control box for the stop-lights. The officer who responded to the call said that, had i hit that box hard enough i would not have been standing in front of him that day! I guess im lucky to be alive. Now you see why i whore and dont take things so seriosuoly on here? Hint hint BASS ! hehe. I am very lucky and extremely happy to be alive today. anyways...I live in a very safe quiet neighborhood also. I cant imagine what my rates would be say i had a 04 or a newer daily-driver car! Now i have to wait another year or so for these incidents to come off my record. Now you see why im a strong advocate for elderly drivers to be retested!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:54 AM

I totally agree with you. Beside for the sake of other people, it is for the safety of those senior citizens too. They have been through so much to get to their ages now. It would be ashame to die or seriously injury in a car wreck that could easily avoided if we reconsider their driver licenses.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:30 PM

Sorry Thomas - can't help anymore if you get a bimmer - How
Old 05-06-2004, 12:45 PM

Steve,

I tried to add one of those happy faces, but I couldn't. It doesn't look like I will be selling any car now, because I just got myself a better deal with Metlife thru my company.

It is now $3,599, not 4K.

If I sold both cars and went for a bimmer. It would be around $2,500. A thousand dollar difference would translate into $83/mo difference.

I think, I am keeping both of them then.

By the way, all my friends are so impressed with the engine. Thanks to your non-toxic engine cleaning detergent and your expertise :-), it looks better than new now.

Another reason to keep my VW.

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Insurance premium in Mass. is out of control!!!!!!!!