New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

I Need your help

Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need your help

Well, there have been a number of issues that have come up with the house I was supposed to close on this Friday. First, we just now found out that there is lead in the water. With two small kids this isn't good. The second is that the septic plans still won't be done and they are going to ask me to do another extension (going on three months here). So, it looks like I won't be closing and will have a bunch of money that I can use toward another S.

The wife agrees that if we don't get the house now, we should wait until the spring which makes it easier to get the S now instead of then.

Soooo, I need your help in finding a berlina w/ black interior preferably 02-03 but I will entertain 00-01 models as well. One that comes with a hardtop would be prefered but not essential. I need this to be from a dealer since I am trading in my Titan for the S and it isn't possible for me to sell the Titan outright at this point. Plus I will save a bunch on taxes by trading in. As a backup plan, I will also look at red and white cars as well. I am willing to drive as far as Connecticuit and NH for this or maybe even VT if the right deal comes up and I can do alot of the haggeling on the phone with the dealership. Thanks for your help on this. Maybe I can make the October meet!!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Rex, have you talked with April (chix rule)? She's selling her NFR. Wrong color for you, maybe...

Good luck.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff i was just going to say talk to April aka Chixsrule

01 with all the BEST mods for 18k (inc a hardtop)

it's red BUT if i had the $$ i'd be al over it

it's a NICE car!! and she's a great person
Old 09-19-2006, 03:22 PM

I know. I remember her from some of the meets. And I KNOW she took great care of that car. I already PM'd her about it. I think the only problem I would have with that is the fact that I need to trade in my car to a dealer to get the S unless I can find a buyer.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:32 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Well, it may take a little more time, but you're likely to do better with a private sale. I don't know how long it takes to move a Titan. Awfully nice pickups.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:46 PM

I WANT APRIL'S CAR!!! ALL YOU VULTURES GO AWAY!!!!!

I need to sell mine 1st and its the wrong time of year.

I do want her car, and will actively be listing mine for sale as soon as my damn bank sends my title which they are a month late on. If I can get a deal done I am going for her car, if someone else gets to her 1st I loose. She is in no hurry but now I gotta get my ass in gear.
In all seriousness, while I would love to be the winner in the April Car sweepstakes, I wont be bitter because I didnt get it.

But Rex... Its the wrong color, its an 01, and you cant trade... All things you dont want to do.

I will now start hunting for a black one for you.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In either case, I think you would be better off selling the car yourself instead of trading in. You may save up to a $1K in sales tax, but the dealer will give you at least $2-3K less in trade-in. I sold my S2000 and Max's on eBay. Worked out great.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:48 PM
mas

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Sep 19 2006, 11:26 AM
So, it looks like I won't be closing and will have a bunch of money that I can use toward another S.

The wife agrees that if we don't get the house now, we should wait until the spring which makes it easier to get the S now instead of then.
Sorry, I realize you have already made up your mind but I can't help it.

We have been thru the house buying process recently (first month in our new house!). The way I see it you guys are just too frustrated that the deal did not go thru, which is understandable. We made offeres on 3 houses that did not go thur and saw around 50 or so houses (including open houses) over a period of 4+ months. We gave up on the entire proces many time but then started again.

This is a good time to be buying and there are tons of houses to choose from and bargain. You have already been thru all major hastles like mortgage, etc and probably spent lots of time as well. If it were me, I would just take a break from house shopping for a week and start all over again. If you want, I can hook you up with the agent who helped us - great guy!

Anyway, if you still want to trade cars and get an S, wait a few months. Winter (december) is the best time to trade in a truck for a covertible, plus you will save on the excise tax as well.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:05 PM

Very good point Mas. I actualy got a call this evening from my agent and it does look like the deal will go down, just maybe a week late. The septic thing is straightened out and we just need to get a few quotes on doing the job now for the bank to give the go ahead for the closing.

This realy doesn't effect the car thing though. I will have a little bit less to put down now but I am still going forward. I really want to do the hardtop this time around and hopefully I can get one with a top already, like April's. We'll see. Maybe I will get lucky and find just the right car when the time is right. That could be any time now as far as I see. Buying the house isn't going to effect our decision to get another S. We already have an SUV for family stuff and I have a company car so it will be my toy.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by SHUG,Sep 19 2006, 07:46 PM
April Car sweepstakes

:drumroll: May the best man win

I thank you guys for the nice thoughts the hardtop is the best, I really think it makes the car.

Quick Reply: I Need your help