New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

I am not the leader of the S2KI club

Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default I am not the leader of the S2KI club

I really have to put this up here. Some of you think that S2Ki is a car club and that what we do with meets and such are part of the S2Ki organization. I disagree with that.

Let me inform those of you who think you belong to the S2ki car club that I am not the local leader of the club you think you belong to. I am the CO of this page of a web forum. I do not approve or sanction the so called "S2ki meets" or events you incorrectly think you are attending. I do organize some of my own meets and I certainly encourage others to do the same, but I have no responsibility for what you are doing and no authority to stop it. As CO, I have to allow threads to continue unless the thread violates site rules. Just becuase I let all the meet threads exist, does not mean I approve them or even support all of them. For example, elsewhere on this page there is a thread about a meet to drive the car in excess of the speed limits, with tires squealing and sliding, etc on public roads. I have no authority to stop that thread, but that meet has nothing to do with me. I cannot "approve" it or "sanction" it as I do not have the power. I do not even think it is a good idea, but I know of no site rule against the thread, so it has to stay up. If you kill yourself on that drive, it does not have anything to do with me or S2ki for that matter.

You can each believe what you want about what S2ki is, but I am not the New England leader of an S2ki car club, nor do I have any authority or responsibility for whatever you do as a result of participating on this site.

Thank you.

**I have sought and received permission to use this verbage previously posted in another thread**