New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Honda-Tech Meet results!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:53 AM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Who's car is the NFR with the "topspin" plate? I put the bumper
plugs in but I would like to be able to mount the front plate similar
to this one so I don't get hassled at inspection time.

Do you have it mounted with some mount available out there
somewhere or just jury-rigged?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy,Jun 2 2008, 10:53 AM
Who's car is the NFR with the "topspin" plate? I put the bumper
plugs in but I would like to be able to mount the front plate similar
to this one so I don't get hassled at inspection time.

Do you have it mounted with some mount available out there
somewhere or just jury-rigged?
Plugs come out in seconds with a credit card or license. That's what I do.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

top spin is Vtec=Slow on here he just likes reading our good information
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 AM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you think he'll see my inquiry and reply?

Mike, I'd like to mount the plate permanently IF there is
a real mounting bracket that goes in that spot.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:25 PM

Hey PuFF it was nice meeting you yesterday at the H-T meet, I had the MY 06 NFR.

As far as my license plate being mounted in the front grill, here is my setup. Originally this was only going to be a temporary mounting spot for my plate, but I liked it so much I just kept it on.

I took the factory license plate bracket that came with the car and discarded the metal arm piece that was attached to the center grill area.

Since the plastic bracket JUST fits in the grill, the bracket touches the paint on the bottom of the grill area. I didnt want the bracket to scuff up the paint and ruin it. So, I decided to use "rubber tape" ( this can be found in the electrical section of home depot, loews, etc) and put it around the perimeter of the bracket. Black electrical tape can be used as well but found that the rubber tape works better.

I proceded to drill two vertical holes (left and right side) in the center of the plastic bracket. You are drilling holes because this is how you are going to mount the plate to the grill with zipties.

My impressions:

Yes yes zipties were used, but I could not think of a better way to mount the plastic bracket to the grill. If anybody has a better suggestion please let me know!

Your license plate DOES cover up those zipties and the metal license plate bolts are used so it actually looks okay and not "rigged"

The bracket is very secure in the grill area and doesnt move. I have taken it off several times the rubber/ electrical tape does its job, so the paint still looks perfect in that area.

If my instructions confuse anyone please hit me up on the PM and I can try to clarify it for you.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Vtec-slow, My ? is does your car run hotter? With the plate blocking off a large chunk of your air intake Im wondering if you notice it runs warmer?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:14 PM

I have been runnning my license plate that way since August of '06 when I picked up the car, and have not ran into any problems. The temp gauge hasnt moved yet even when sitting in traffic with the A/C running.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I think the plate looks good there, good idea. Nice looking car!
Levi
Old 06-02-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by .:VTEC=SLOW:.,Jun 2 2008, 05:25 PM
Hey PuFF it was nice meeting you yesterday at the H-T meet, I had the MY 06 NFR.

As far as my license plate being mounted in the front grill, here is my setup. Originally this was only going to be a temporary mounting spot for my plate, but I liked it so much I just kept it on.

I took the factory license plate bracket that came with the car and discarded the metal arm piece that was attached to the center grill area.

Since the plastic bracket JUST fits in the grill, the bracket touches the paint on the bottom of the grill area. I didnt want the bracket to scuff up the paint and ruin it. So, I decided to use "rubber tape" ( this can be found in the electrical section of home depot, loews, etc) and put it around the perimeter of the bracket. Black electrical tape can be used as well but found that the rubber tape works better.

I proceded to drill two vertical holes (left and right side) in the center of the plastic bracket. You are drilling holes because this is how you are going to mount the plate to the grill with zipties.

My impressions:

Yes yes zipties were used, but I could not think of a better way to mount the plastic bracket to the grill. If anybody has a better suggestion please let me know!

Your license plate DOES cover up those zipties and the metal license plate bolts are used so it actually looks okay and not "rigged"

The bracket is very secure in the grill area and doesnt move. I have taken it off several times the rubber/ electrical tape does its job, so the paint still looks perfect in that area.

If my instructions confuse anyone please hit me up on the PM and I can try to clarify it for you.
niccceeee welcome to the forums! hope to see you come down to some of the meets we'll be hosting around here.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:49 PM

I definitely will come by for some meets. It is about time I started to become active on these forums !

Quick Reply: Honda-Tech Meet results!