New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Honda power equipment

Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Bill thanks for the review even though I own and am happy with my Honda power equipment I think I might look elswhere for a power washer. I will be needing one soon for the new deck.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill you need a e-manage for it
Old 05-31-2010, 07:04 PM

My pressure washer is awesome (Honda motor), starts first pull every time. Might just have a defect of some kind? No manufacturer is perfect, just close to perfect. I can't see it being OE....
Old 06-01-2010, 09:24 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

It could be a bad gasket. When I removed the carb, I noticed the gasket was split. I'm not sure if I broke it when I removed it, or if it was bad to begin with. The intake gasket does look poorly aligned. I put it back with some gasket cement on one side to hold it together. It did seem to run better after I reassembled it. Maybe it was running too lean and that affected the plug?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 PM

I'm surprised to hear this.

I was a building contractor/ carpenter for nearly 20 years before my current job. Once I discovered Honda engines, everything else became a no. Compressors, generators, Go-carts, u name it. I have, literally, brought exactly one Honda engine to the small engine repair guy for work, and it was a no-start...needed the elec ignition replaced... Fine ever since.

Good luck with Briggs. They are, and have been for years, junk. Good American company gone bad.

Sounds like you got an incredibly rare, but nonetheless real, bad motor....

I will say, of all my Honda motors, the pressure washer is the most difficult to start, but it has more to do with the water pressure bogging down the motor when pulling to start.

Keep trying the Hondas....You'll be glad.

Bing
Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Gee, now I gotta go shop the Honda's again
Old 06-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am kind of shocked to learn from Ryan's post saying Honda makes a sub par honda engine for their non branded stuff

ie Craftsmen mower with a Honda engine - power washers - my log splitter etc etc

i know many folks bought a certain piece of equipment because it has a Honda engine

but again - i have nothing but praise for my honda branded equipment and my log splitter with an 8 hp honda (think it's a GX)

heck my briggs did have to get the carb rebuilt this spring
Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Jun 1 2010, 03:46 PM
^ Gee, now I gotta go shop the Honda's again
Old 06-01-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bing187,Jun 1 2010, 03:09 PM
I'm surprised to hear this.

I was a building contractor/ carpenter for nearly 20 years before my current job. Once I discovered Honda engines, everything else became a no. Compressors, generators, Go-carts, u name it. I have, literally, brought exactly one Honda engine to the small engine repair guy for work, and it was a no-start...needed the elec ignition replaced... Fine ever since.

Good luck with Briggs. They are, and have been for years, junk. Good American company gone bad.

Sounds like you got an incredibly rare, but nonetheless real, bad motor....

I will say, of all my Honda motors, the pressure washer is the most difficult to start, but it has more to do with the water pressure bogging down the motor when pulling to start.

Keep trying the Hondas....You'll be glad.

Bing
See, I wouldn't know, because I don't use my power equipment every day. At most, I use the mower once a week in the summer. I use my snow blower maybe ten times a year. Everything else gets fired up maybe twice a year, or once every two or three years. I'm not counting the two stroke motors, god knows who makes those.

But the point is, for the couple times I've used it, the honda pressure washer ws trouble. The lawn mower and snow blower with briggs motors start up fine. They last for years and usually outlast the chassis they are bolted to. So why pay so much extra for the Honda name. I think a Honda powered lawn mower is like two to three times more than a briggs mower of the same size.

Quick Reply: Honda power equipment