New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Hey Steve!

Old 11-14-2005, 12:37 PM

Received 3,208 Likes on 1,858 Posts
Default Hey Steve!

Steve didn't like my lighthouse avatar. "Too Vintage" said somebody, so I've been searching for the perfect avatar.

Since my favorite (NOT) time of year is approaching quickly, I decided to go with something that expresses how I feel about the holiday season.

What do you think?

Since Steve has been known to dress as Santa and ride around in a convertible, I'd bet he's going to give it
Old 11-14-2005, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LOVE the grinch!!! - at first he had a little heart and hated Christmas BUT then his heart was bigger and he loved Christmas!!

Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,Nov 14 2005, 04:50 PM
I LOVE the grinch!!! - at first he had a little heart and hated Christmas BUT then his heart was bigger and he loved Christmas!!

I'm still in the first stages of "grinchness." Looking for a ticket to a deserted island for the holidays.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, I'm with Lainey. The Grinch, pre-whoville singing, reflects my attitude on this holiday. Same old gripes as everyone else, too commercial, too many in-lws that I don't like but have to visit, etc. This holiday offers so many opportunities to disappoint, and since the grandest of celebrations is the minimum expected, it's nearly impossible to please anyone. Luckily I'm in a cast so I won't be expected to drive anywhere. If this works out I just might plan to break my leg every year.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

least you have in-laws
Old 11-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Crisis,Nov 14 2005, 07:20 PM
FWIW, I'm with Lainey. The Grinch, pre-whoville singing, reflects my attitude on this holiday. Same old gripes as everyone else, too commercial, too many in-lws that I don't like but have to visit, etc. This holiday offers so many opportunities to disappoint, and since the grandest of celebrations is the minimum expected, it's nearly impossible to please anyone. Luckily I'm in a cast so I won't be expected to drive anywhere. If this works out I just might plan to break my leg every year.
You've summed it up as if you could read my mind.

Everyone wants a piece of you all in the same day.

One Christmas my son was little and had a fever. He felt pretty good, just a fever. I didn't take him out that day, so we got to stay home all day. It was the most relaxing Christmas we ever had.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crisis,Nov 14 2005, 07:20 PM
FWIW, I'm with Lainey. The Grinch, pre-whoville singing, reflects my attitude on this holiday. Same old gripes as everyone else, too commercial, too many in-lws that I don't like but have to visit, etc. This holiday offers so many opportunities to disappoint, and since the grandest of celebrations is the minimum expected, it's nearly impossible to please anyone.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

I really dislike the holidays. The only good thing about them is I get a few days off of work.

I especially like what you said about this... and I can't agree with you more...
it's nearly impossible to please anyone.
BTW Lainey... I love your new Avatar!
Old 11-14-2005, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by g-s2k,Nov 14 2005, 09:25 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

I really dislike the holidays. The only good thing about them is I get a few days off of work.

I especially like what you said about this... and I can't agree with you more...

BTW Lainey... I love your new Avatar!
Nice to know I'm not alone in my grinchness.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:32 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

When I was a little tyke my folks had a big Christmas Eve party every year. The whole family came over and stayed 'till late at night. As I got older, my brother and I invited all our friends over and we took over the basement all night while the old folks had the upstairs. When the party was over, it was already Christmas morning and my family would sit around and open the presents at 2:00 AM. My folks didn't do big vacations or anything, but they did spend on Christmas. My mom was a Christmas trooper and cooked for an army and stayed up all night with us to open the gifts.

When I got my own house Barbara and I started our own Christmas tradition. Christmas eve, we go to my Brother's Christmas Eve party (he took it over from Mom). At the end of the night, all our kids and their SOs (and now grand kids) come to our house for the night. We wake up to bacon, eggs, popovers and coffee. The whole family room is filled with presents and everyone takes turns opening one at a time. I have a Santa Search where everyone has to find a hidden present in the house, and then we open the Stockings. My Brother comes over the house for lunch (Chinese food!) and we have a Yankee Swap. We've been doing this for years and it is the biggest family day of the year.

Today my mom fell at the nursing home and she broke her hip. She goes in for surgery tomorrow. At 91, she is a high risk patient at best. I may not have another Christmas with her, but I'm so thankful for all the Christmases we had together. Christmas is what you make of it folks. Don't let others dictate what the season is about. If you find yourself resenting the demands of others on your time, just think about the day to come when all those folks are no longer around.

An early Merry Christmas to all my NES2KO friends. Peace on Earth, Good Will to All.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 AM

Hope your Mom is OK, Bill.

Quick Reply: Hey Steve!