New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Hey Guyz at last here is my GPW

Old 06-29-2006, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be very careful about just grounding wires (even though black makes sence) i would make an appt with Scott and have him fix it for you because as i've learned in the past - when messing with car wiring if you don't know what you're doing things can go very wrong
Old 06-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the installer for my top and told him about the problem about the top defrost and he said he put too much time on it and everything is put correctly and there gotta be something else. And he can't not spend any more time on it and told me to go to someone else that know electrical. I been reading this mod that was done on the 02 top for 00-01 model. All I could come with is that I would need to purchase the Sub-harness and modify it because the soft top does not have the left and right side cathcher which is plug to the sub-harness to be grounded to the vehcile. Correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm also curious weather or not hardtopguy.com come with the modify harness because they do sell the kit for it or do they have other alternative way of hooking it up then the one mention on sub-harness. Anyone on here know the guyz at hardtopguy who could ask this question for me? If they do have the modify sub-harness and would like to sell those separate vs. buying the kit then I'm interested in buying one. Bass any help on this would be helpful. Thanks

Here the link for the modify defrost:
http://home.covad.net/~floydmah/defroster.html
Old 06-29-2006, 10:31 AM

honestly your installer
Old 06-29-2006, 10:33 AM

Arrow

This is the kit I have mention not the hard top kit for $400..
I send them an email last time regarding this but no reply back..

Link:
http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/product.ph...6&cat=54&page=1
Old 06-29-2006, 11:00 AM

whoops i had no idea Jeff sold these - he's a GREAT vendor and it looks like a plug and play solution to your problem

I say buy it
Old 06-29-2006, 11:14 AM

The things is I already have the stuff put on the vechicle but not sure if I"m missing anything or wire incorrectly from the kit they are selling.. Don't wanna spend another $150 when I already got $200 worth of parts for the install already..Do you have any contact with Jeff from hardtopguy? If so could you ask him for me seem like they are not replying back my email..thanks
Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 AM

nope really ~

much like Scott, Jeff gets tons more - "help me please" phone calls / e-mails than he does actual "i need to buy this" phone calls / e-mails hence the reason these guys cant answer every e-mail they get

Vinny why not drive to Cubs Tech day Saturday and we'll have a look at what you need

it's really hard to say what you have / don
Old 06-29-2006, 01:52 PM

the more i read this post i'm leaning toward just doing the glass window without defroster. Vinny you still going to see Chris saturday.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:23 PM

Yeah I'll try to swing before 6 PM because I'll be working later on the day.. Meet up at 3 PM..( FRIDAY not SATURDAY because I might be heading to Tech day so the guyz could have a look at the problem with the defroster))
By the way Bass I just got an email from there Tech at hardtopguy and there said:

The kit includes the harness, defroster switch and the relay for the fuse panel. We do not have install instructions.

Joe

--So even with the kit is no use because there is no proper way of hooking it up the right way..It's just save you the time looking for what you needed by just buying there kit..

Hey Fitzy are you going to Tech day? If you are you could learn more about the rear defrost issue..lolz
Old 06-29-2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vinny_GPW-S2K,Jun 28 2006, 07:05 PM
Hey Bass but my tops are not OEM I purchase my top from Val at TOPSONLINE.COM. I decided get the Stayfast Top (canvas) with glass window plus defrost over the vinyl because I wanted something different for a change didn't like the OEM top to begin with...
Yeah. That's understandable. I only point it out because a lot of people don't realize the more you mod a car the less it's worth. At least if you're not trying to sell it person-to-person. If it's a personal sale or you don't ever plan on selling it that's a different story. Even so there's only a limited market to sell a modded car to.

Quick Reply: Hey Guyz at last here is my GPW