New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Good Mass/NH Dealer

Old 07-05-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Mass/NH Dealer

Seeing as there are about 20 Honda dealers in the MA/NH area, I'm having a hard time as to which one deserves my business and will give me a good price on a new 06 S2000.

Anyone here have any recommendations for a dealer to visit first? One near cambridge/somerville would be nice since I'm moving there at the end of the month.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:54 PM

I would check to see if your local Honda dealers will service your car if it's not purchased there. Some dealers will not. If you purchase your car in NH and live near Boston, that would suck getting service/warranty in NH everytime. Not sure if Honda dealers pull this or not, but I know from experience that several Toyota dealers do ....just something to keep in mind.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:01 PM

boch is your best bet.. go there you will take one for almost invoice.. they are selling about 500-800 units a month.. so they dont really stress it to much.. or if they wont do it pm me and my boys at herb chambers will do it for you..i work for ford else il help.. ;x and about the service thing .. is not true sales and service 2 diff. departments and they kind of have to take any warranty work.. they get paid for it..
Old 07-05-2006, 06:16 PM
mas

Honda North, best dealer in my experience. It's still a honda dealership, so keep that in mind.

I did not buy my first S from them but they took good care of it and even did some warranty work (which the original dealership refused to do) and provided rental car for 3 days. I got my second S from them later and was a relatively hastle free experience. They have excellent express service for oil changes (really no BS or paperwork), plus you can even do it during your lunch break and grab a sandwich at their cafe while you wait. It's an employee owned dealership and I have yet to come across an employee that did not treat me right.

I am very impressed so far, for a honda dealership it does not get any better IMHO. It will be a 20 minutes drive from somerville.

Good luch with whatever dealership you decide to go with - you do need luck when dealing with any honda dealership.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by xtc=s2k,Jul 5 2006, 06:01 PM
and about the service thing .. is not true sales and service 2 diff. departments and they kind of have to take any warranty work.. they get paid for it..
After 3 attempts at fixing a warranty issue at the place I originally bought our Matrix, I decided to try somewhere else. We were turned down by two other Toyota dealers that refused to do the work.
About 4 years ago when we bought our Passat, the Volkswagen dealer told us that if we didnt' show them the sticker that was on the car (I took it off because I didn't pay 20k+ for them to advertise on my car), they would not do service. I kept the sticker in the manual to show them when we did service. I thought it was just a gimmick, but after the Toyota experience, it probably wasn't.
It does happen, just maybe not with Honda....I don't understand it, as you would think its more work for the mechanics... I guess business is too good....

Can't hurt to check, good luck with the S hunting!!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:53 PM

wow.. i have never worked for a dealer that wouldnt take work.. some times is just the service writer.. next time just call toyota or honda... belive me the owner will hear about it.. thats how a service manager go fired at diamond chevrolet. plus when you get those surveys.. they are very important.. to the sales and service.. so if you ever dont get what you want or have problems.. you know what to do
Old 07-05-2006, 06:58 PM

I second the recommendation for Boch. I bought my car there at invoice and was given much, much less hassle than the other dealers I went to. Boch seems to be more concerned with selling as many cars as possible and less concerned with how much they make on each car.

Plus, the Boch service dept. is open 7 days a week and open late on most nights.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:00 PM

I'll go check out Honda North since they are the closest to where I will work (wilmington) and somerville. Hopefully they have one in stock since I want to drive an 06 with the DBW throttle.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:04 PM

Boch's website shows no S2000's on the lot to drive...I'll check them out later if North doesnt work out.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:17 PM

boch dont care selling it for invoice.. cause his cars are not in a floor plan.. plus he keeps his 1-2g's in holdback money ;x ... salesman gets his flat 100 ... another thing whats good about his dealer is his used cars... they are certified.. and you can save more money get like an 05 w/ low miles.. they are out there

Quick Reply: Good Mass/NH Dealer