New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Going Supercharger....need advice

Old 08-04-2007, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Supercharger....need advice

whats going on people... I'm new at the forums though some people might remember me from last weeks Mystic meet [ the only NFR ap1..:-( ] anyway ive decided to supercharge my S with a Vortech SC. My decision was based on what ive read throughout the forums, however im open to any and all suggestions and or ideas. I also understand that i would be needing to upgrade my brake system though i really dont have any idea of where to start... so again any and all ideas and suggestions to who i should buy from and which type are appreciated.

thanks in advance

NFR/Black '02 S2000
Old 08-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Your brakes are very capable for street duty. Do you plan on tracking your car?

Personally, I'd spend extra money on a clutch before touching the brakes.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:28 AM

HONDATA!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only thing you need to know is have the work done by Ballistic Motor Sports in Mancheaster NH - but cubs is right no need for bigger brakes.. clutch - and don't expect any low end torque it's the same but when you hot vtec that's where the extra power is..
Old 08-05-2007, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Aug 5 2007, 03:31 AM
the only thing you need to know is have the work done by Ballistic Motor Sports in Mancheaster NH - but cubs is right no need for bigger brakes.. clutch - and don't expect any low end torque it's the same but when you hot vtec that's where the extra power is..
Thanks for the advice... can u tell me a ballpark figure on how much it'll cost after installation n all?... and jus to add to the ongoing feud between Comptech n Vortech... who should i go with....[ im pretty confident on Vortech but im open to any suggs. ]..... oh and by the way can anyone tell me where i can get that caliper painting set that includes the layout of the S2000 logo to be painted on.

thanks in advance

NFR/Black '02 S2000
Old 08-05-2007, 06:07 AM

have you driven a supercharged car? I might be more likely to go Greddy turbo before SC. I'm not a fan of the peaky powerband for the not so high peak hp you get with a SC. I haven't driven one, but the power band of the greddy kit looks nice for the peak hp. Just a thought.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:56 AM

I would have Scott do the work like Steve said, unless you feel you can tackle it yourself. Do factor in the clutch job with this upgrade. I like the Emanage Ultimate over the Hondata all day though.

Before you jump on the Vortech and get the top end HP, consider the turbo option or even waiting for the roots style supercharger that is being developed right now. I rode in WLAURENT's car at the Dragon this year. He has a beta testing version of the roots style charger and it absolutly kicks! I am holding my breath for when it releases and will pair it with an emanage ultimate. With the turbo and the roots, you will get a lot more low end power which will be usable more often than the centrifugal chargers. That is not to say that there aren't still great gains up top too though.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:04 AM

i have wilwood 6 piston, 14 inch rotors big brake kit in red if you wanna buy them, pm if interested
Old 08-05-2007, 01:34 PM

Comptech will be tuff to get new as Comptech has closed shop but i heard today they are opened so who knows HP and trq ratings seem to be higher with the Vortech.

There both centrifigul chargers and build the most hp towards the top end of the rpm range. Ive been tossing and turning on both these for years but now that Greddy released a turbo kit i'm probably gonna go with that as it will give me more hp and trq down low where Honda cars need it most.

If your running stock boost clutch should last you awhile as long as your not doing any 9000 rpm drops but that's something i would think about replacing if i was you.

I'd also look into an aftermarket radiator with better cooling properties. I have a J's and an ARC aluminum radiator sitting in storage awaiting to be put to use when i go FI. I know it's only a matter of time The darkside beckons
Old 08-05-2007, 03:23 PM

thanks a lot for all your help... I'll definitely take into consideration what you've told me and make my final decision.

u guys rock

NFR/Black '02 S2000

Quick Reply: Going Supercharger....need advice