New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

That gives me heart burn!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:52 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default That gives me heart burn!

What foods do you have trouble with? I'm not talking about things like Eric's irrational fear of mayonaise, I'm talking about digestive difficulties. I have trouble with anything that is too fatty/greasy. I love Pizza, but if I eat more than one slice i have heart burn for hours.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had my gallbladder removed!!! nothing gives me heartburn anymore
Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have acid reflux so everything or nothing can give me heartburn like symptoms. As long as I take my two pills a day I'm golden! If I don't take them then that's another story. Try taking some Tagament or Zantac - both OTC before you eat pizza that should help.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by S@Heart,Dec 27 2007, 02:01 PM
I have acid reflux so everything or nothing can give me heartburn like symptoms. As long as I take my two pills a day I'm golden! If I don't take them then that's another story. Try taking some Tagament or Zantac - both OTC before you eat pizza that should help.
I probably should try that stuff.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

or just have your gallbladder removed - you don't need it anyway!!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:06 AM

I have had ulcers for some time now. Currently Im on Rx meds to combat it.
Any kind of acidic food, MSG, Greasy Restaurant food, etc. will set it off. I can tell when food has been heated/reheated by the way my stomach reacts to it. Coffee will get me.
Bill is this a new thing for you?

T
Old 12-27-2007, 10:07 AM

Tomato sauce with anything sadly... pasta and pizza can only be consumed in small quantities...

Other foods that seem to bother me are broccoli, corn, almost any greasy food, too much dairy, and very sadly -- chocolate

It's taken me 3 years of frequent indigestion to build that list. You might want to stay away from Splenda if you have a sensitive stomach... too much of that (like 3 table spoons in tea) will make me sick sometimes.

Erick is afraid of mayo?! It's OK Erick, we won't let the bad mayo get you Although it's horribly fattening and I don't eat it anymore either

Bill feel free to ask me for tums at the next party... I'll probably have some with me

Old 12-27-2007, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by RossoS2K,Dec 27 2007, 02:06 PM
I have had ulcers for some time now. Currently Im on Rx meds to combat it.
Any kind of acidic food, MSG, Greasy Restaurant food, etc. will set it off. I can tell when food has been heated/reheated by the way my stomach reacts to it. Coffee will get me.
Bill is this a new thing for you?

T
No, I've had a HB problem for decades. If I eat right, and don't over eat, I'm fine. If I eat too much I will have a problem, and if I eat the wrong foods I have a problem. Acidy foods get me too. I almost never drink orange juice now.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tadashi,Dec 27 2007, 02:07 PM
Tomato sauce with anything sadly... pasta and pizza can only be consumed in small quantities...

Other foods that seem to bother me are broccoli, corn, almost any greasy food, too much dairy, and very sadly -- chocolate

It's taken me 3 years of frequent indigestion to build that list. You might want to stay away from Splenda if you have a sensitive stomach... too much of that (like 3 table spoons in tea) will make me sick sometimes.

Erick is afraid of mayo?! It's OK Erick, we won't let the bad mayo get you Although it's horribly fattening and I don't eat it anymore either

Bill feel free to ask me for tums at the next party... I'll probably have some with me
My doctor told me to stay away from anything with caffeine as that is sure to cause a reflux problem.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:11 AM

on a side note:

thread info:

average age of posters 103

life - need to get one

as for my HB, it's comes and goes. Mine is stress related, so the more stress I'm under the more things will cause HB. Sometimes I can eat everything, sometime I eat a banana and have to go searching for something to stop the digestive fluids from seeping out my nose from reflux

Quick Reply: That gives me heart burn!