New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

A friendly synthetic wax discussion

Old 04-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally posted by speedfreak
Some polishes don't have silicon in them so that is what we use at the shop plus it doesn't act like a sealent to the paint so it is friendly to newly painted cars.
This has always been my reasoning for NOT going with Zano/Klassus/Rejex on my car. It SEALS the paint and doesn't let it breath.

Question Max.........is it an issue for cars that have fully cured?

I use Zymol............though this year will REJEX the tail pipes/rear bumper/trunk area that gets icky from the exhaust. I will Zymol the rest of the car and let me tell you.............that stuff lasts a long time when applied correctly. I too also only wax my car 2 times a year................maybe 3 times if I am lucky!
Old 04-03-2004, 08:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim, I have also heard many good reports on the off-the-shelf Zymol Cleaner Wax (not the super duper fancy ones available only in specilized stores), particularly the report on NSXPrime. Is this the one you use?

I used it on my previous cars and I liked the result. What I didn't like about it was how difficult it was to remove the wax and white residue.

Max, so which wax/polish do you use?

Chip, have you used Klasse? I like to find out if it requires hard scrubbing to remove it.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
Ben, totally valid points w.r.t. Zaino and their business.

As for wax -- I don't think it has to be abrasive (your point 1).
Old 04-03-2004, 01:34 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

What is the proper formula of water with Klasse to become a detailer? Sounds like a great idea!
Old 04-04-2004, 04:16 AM

Originally posted by NNY S2k
What is the proper formula of water with Klasse to become a detailer? Sounds like a great idea!
I have used 1:20 before, and the result was amazing. I have become greedy and am using 1:10 now.
Basically, when you don't have time to Klasse the car, 1) simply wash your car, 2) don't even bother drying the car, 3) spray the Klasse detailer on all over the wet car, 4) wipe off all the water/Klasse mix with your choice of towel, and you are good to go. If you are ambitious, you can spray on your choice of non-wax detailer (Final Inspection, Mother's, and etc.) for the twinkling shine after you wipe off all the water.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:10 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

That sounds really slick, tiger.

Zaino sells a separate product, Z-6, which they call a "gloss enhancer." I have it, but I never use it.

I presume that's the same thing as what you would call a detailer, or no?? Have you tried Z-6? Any comparison with the diluted AIO mixture?
Old 04-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Interesting discussion, it would take me a lot to move from zaino to something else, just as it is what i have always used on the S, and it builds up all the time.

Anyone got any picture comparisons of Z vs K ?
Old 04-04-2004, 07:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
That sounds really slick, tiger.

Zaino sells a separate product, Z-6, which they call a "gloss enhancer."
Old 04-04-2004, 08:50 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Excellent. Thanks! (bookmarking this thread!!!)

BTW, chip, maybe you should have this thread moved to wash and wax as it's full of great information!
Old 04-04-2004, 09:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey tiger, my car is dirty and the weather is not good over the next few days, so I won't be able to try it first hand. Can you give some insight on how easy/difficult it is to remove Klasse after applying? Do you do one section of the car at a time, or do you apply Klasse to the whole car and not have to worry it dries to a haze that would be difficult to remove? Thanks!

Quick Reply: A friendly synthetic wax discussion