A friendly synthetic wax discussion

Old 04-02-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PsychoBen
One question:
Old 04-02-2004, 11:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
As far as the point that Zaino polishes shouldn't require the addition of ZFX...
Old 04-02-2004, 11:18 AM

the point about Rejex is that nothing is suppose to stick

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vrm Vrm
Old 04-02-2004, 11:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chazmo
Hey, the ZFX has a price of entry.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vrm Vrm
Old 04-02-2004, 12:17 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Ben, totally valid points w.r.t. Zaino and their business.

As for wax -- I don't think it has to be abrasive (your point 1). I think it just layers itself on top of the paint/clearcoat, but it doesn't bond. I think of it as a coating, like grease in a pan.

The difference with a synth. polish is that it chemically bonds to the paint/clearcoat, at least somewhat. I think this is why it's more durable. I think of it kind of like shrinkwrap.

I don't know if either of those analogies helps. I do know that many waxes do contain abrasives, but I don't think the high end stuff does. Not sure.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:26 PM

And what's the deal w/ Zaino not letting its distributors carry other blands of polish / wax products?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:33 PM

Old 04-02-2004, 08:28 PM

Chaz and Chip, those are helpful info. Thanks!

My order for Klasse and couple big blues on the way. Gotta get ready for spring cleaning of my baby...she's been through a lot this past winter.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:26 AM

Originally posted by RossoS2K
synthetc has gloss but no depth.
speck for your self there are one's that are different from the norm, Although ted for the most part you are right but the stuff i use has some of both. To get even more depth what i do is add some glaze (whitch gives mountians of depth) to the wax buy just applying them from individual bottles to the car but at the same time, then using a high speed buffer and polish them in then the car looks great.
Ask any of these guys that have seen my car they'll tell you and belive it or not i only wax my car once maybe twice a year and the shine stays up all the time.

Now zaino although i won't use it i is a good product much better then the store bought turtle or mama crap and the reasone that i wont use it is because it takes to damn long, I see you people talking about spending 2 days with the stuff appy this then that then this again and wait for 3 hours and put on 10 more coats i thinks thats nuts . Again i'm not saying that zaino is a bad product in the least but what i am saying is that to me for what it cost to how much you get it's to much $ and it takes way to long to do all the step they want you to do.

Ben the way i have always know the difference between the 2 is that wax is a sealent, a type of clear caot if you will it helps protect the paint, this is the one that we bodyshop people don't like cause most of them have silicon in them and i creates fish eyes in freashly painted cars . Now synthetic wax won't wash of nearly as easy because with a carnuba the majority of the carwash soaps out there will wash it right off leaving you with no protection even thought you just put it on the day before. Some polishes don't have silicon in them so that is what we use at the shop plus it doesn't act like a sealent to the paint so it is friendly to newly painted cars.
wow thats the longes response from me in quite some time

Quick Reply: A friendly synthetic wax discussion