New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Fender roll

Old 08-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender roll

Any body know of a body shop that has experience with S2000s , fender rolling, and installing coilovers? Im in western mass. I'll drive up to or around 2 hours if I need to. Thanks. Also once fenders are rolled.. can they be rolled back? May be a stupid question but I want some RPF1's but am hesitant to do permanent damage to my car.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:46 AM

Once fenders are rolled they can not be rolled back, however I wouldn't consider rolling fenders to be "damage". If it's done by someone who knows what they're doing you can't even tell they've been rolled unless you feel.

What are the size/offset of the RPF 1's and how low are you going with the coils?
Old 08-13-2012, 02:14 PM

I havent decided on exactly what size wheels yet. Possibly 17x9+45 all the way around. As far as drop I only want to fill in the gap. I dont want a slammed look.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:17 AM

I've actually got a set of RPF1's in 17x9 +45 all around. Without a roll and dropped on espelir springs, it would scrape the rear bumper and bumper tabs, as for the front, it wasn't too bad unless I actually hit a big bump in the road. I now have rolled fenders but will still need to cut the rear bumper and relocate tabs. LMK if you have any other questions, about this setup.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 PM

You got any pics? Was thinking about doing springs to save some money but from everybody else's experience they always end up with coilovers down the road any way.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NeroS2k
You got any pics? Was thinking about doing springs to save some money but from everybody else's experience they always end up with coilovers down the road any way.
Springs are a fine choice. The OEM damper is superior to most aftermarket "coilovers" under $2000 MSRP anyways. Just so you know, the factory suspension uses a "coilover" design, the only thing about the aftermarket options everyone desires is that they are height adjustable.

I have never believed in the hype, and have had incredible performance out of my OEM dampers and Tein springs on both the street and track for over 35000 miles.

That's my opinion. Take it however you want.

-Mike
Old 08-15-2012, 05:49 AM

I do enjoy my Tein S-techs on my stock dampers, but I will be pursuing coilovers in the near future. Being height adjustable is one reason, but also for ride height consistency. What I mean by that is when I'm driving or someone is in the car the height is perfect, but when the weight is out the car I suddenly have wheel gap.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ZOMG.S2K
I do enjoy my Tein S-techs on my stock dampers, but I will be pursuing coilovers in the near future. Being height adjustable is one reason, but also for ride height consistency. What I mean by that is when I'm driving or someone is in the car the height is perfect, but when the weight is out the car I suddenly have wheel gap.
So you want to buy adjustable coilovers such that you can stagger the spring height making wheel gap even with a certain passenger configuration? Is this so you can take the perfect picture?

-Mike
Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM

So the only benefit to coilover suspension is height adjustability?

With different spring rates than the Teins, and adjustable dampening the car can sit at the same height with or without people in it. Also, coilovers don't assist in photography.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 AM

I commented on height adjustability because you made a point of different ride height with different passenger configurations. Why do you care what the wheel gap is? Usually I only hear about wheel gap when I read a post in the S2ki gallery.

Also, ride height is controlled by the springs, not damper. So changing to a dampener adjustable shock doesn't change ride height under load. That just means your springs are much stiffer.

I'm not telling you how to mod your car, I'm just commenting on the aftermarket suspension 'benefits'.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Fender roll