New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Face.book Group for NE (New England/North East)

Old 05-31-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,May 31 2008, 03:59 PM
Why dont you become a member here? Why dont you participate in our forum instead of just spamming us? The floor is yours. Im just inquiring.
Dude, it sounds like the guy is really just trying to get a variety of cars to go to his meets. What's wrong with that?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sireousrex,May 31 2008, 04:27 PM
Dude, it sounds like the guy is really just trying to get a variety of cars to go to his meets. What's wrong with that?
This is an S board and if you poke around on the internetz this person is spamming all the car boards. This board is a community, what would it become with constant post likes this and no follow up contributions. As an active "member" i like to see the community thrive with active participating members. If threads like this were the norm it would rival s2kca "DEAD" nuff said. I know Im not alone in my thoughts on this one as this thread has been dumped twice already. I feel like if you got nothing to offer but to post spam be gone jest sayin dont me. Were all entitled to our opinions.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,May 31 2008, 04:49 PM
Were all entitled to our opinions.
No one said you weren't. What's with all the defensiveness today man?

I am just failing to see what the issue with being informed of some local meets is just because it isn't from a prestiged active member of this forum. there is a whole 'nother world out there besides s2ki that we might find out about.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 PM

just voicing my opinion. Also facebook isnt exactly the ideal way to reach people. But that a whole other issue.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:07 PM

A google calendar would be a good idea!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,May 31 2008, 05:00 PM
just voicing my opinion. Also facebook isnt exactly the ideal way to reach people. But that a whole other issue.
actually, isn't that sort of what it was intended for? Facebook is built around social circles, originally schools and such but it's expanded since then. I like it much more than myspace, but... to me it makes perfect sense to have a facebook group. I believe S2ki is already on there
Old 05-31-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by kenta,May 31 2008, 05:18 PM
actually, isn't that sort of what it was intended for? Facebook is built around social circles, originally schools and such but it's expanded since then. I like it much more than myspace, but... to me it makes perfect sense to have a facebook group. I believe S2ki is already on there
Kenta, facebook is a new phenonmenon with a lot of issues attached to it. It is mostly embraced by the youger generation and is not ideal for all age groups. Personally I dont care for it at all.

Facebook issue

more issues

MORE

Frankly its not a medium all would choose to use.

Now Jeffs idea of a google calendar makes much more sense.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,May 31 2008, 05:26 PM
Kenta, facebook is a new phenonmenon with a lot of issues attached to it. It is mostly embraced by the youger generation and is not ideal for all age groups. Personally I dont care for it at all.

Facebook issue

more issues

MORE

Frankly its not a medium all would choose to use.

Now Jeffs idea of a google calendar makes much more sense.
This is the 3rd time I've said this today, but social networking web pages will be the downfall of society. I called it a year ago, and I stand by it.

That being said, the Google Calendar is a great idea.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:42 PM

The google calendar is a good idea, but how do you get the word out to various forums/people without so called spamming?

It is a conundrum.

BTW: I don't use any social networking sites, but I am very interested to hear your take on them, CTmechE.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,May 31 2008, 12:27 PM
Thank you, that's all I'm trying to do.

I've posted this now on 15 forums such as Lexus, BMW, G35, 350Z, Subaru, EVO, and others. I don't think I'm spamming these forums because I'm inviting you to join the group and be a part of this. I'm not profiting, just trying to make some friends with other car enthusiasts.

Before I created this Facebook group, I put a meet together and 50 cars showed up. Group has been up for about 3 weeks now and we have 215 members - imagine the meet that we could put together if 1/2 that many showed up.

If you want to have a meet for only S2k's then this is the place to post. If you want to meet with a lot of other people that can appreciate a nice car then you could join my group. I know Facebook isn't the best way to do this but it was the easiest.

A Google Calender is nice but with the Facebook group you can chat, post photos & videos, and have the ability to contact anyone else in the group or maybe someone you ran into at the previous meet.

Sorry, long post

Quick Reply: Face.book Group for NE (New England/North East)