New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Excellent Opportunity for Those Wanting to Autocross Their First Time!!!

Old 05-26-2002, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excellent Opportunity for Those Wanting to Autocross Their First Time!!!

White Mountain Chapter

BMWCCA Autocross Series

The next WMC BMWCCA Autocross event, being held on June 23rd, is a combination Novice School and a Test and Tune session. The school will consist of classroom sessions and driving exercises.

The classroom session will discuss the procedures that happen at an autocross, such as what is required to register, how to prepare your car to pass the tech inspection, what to bring to the event, working the flagging stations, and most importantly, driving techniques and car preparation.

The on course portion of the school will match the drivers with instructors, who will drive your car through the course, demonstrating the proper lines, braking points, apex, and such.

Next, the student will drive their car, with the instructor on board, to evaluate the run, make suggestions and issue praise. This procedure will take place on several short courses to allow the student to experience and practice on a variety of turns and other autocross course elements. Each student will make multiple runs on each element with various instructors, allowing them to gain as much knowledge and experience as possible. During the driving session, the instructors will take the time to discuss your progress, pointing out your strengths and areas that need improvement. If time allows in the afternoon, a full autocross course will be setup and timed runs made.

This is an ideal opportunity for novices to become familiar with the sport, talk to others who are new to the hobby and also to learn from the experienced veterans.

The Test and Tune is for the more experience drivers. This is a non-competitive event, where the drivers
Old 05-26-2002, 04:13 AM

Guess who will be instructing if you are driving an S2000?
Old 05-26-2002, 07:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How much $$?
Old 05-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally posted by PsychoBen
How much $$?
Same question!!!!
Old 05-26-2002, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be $35.
Old 05-26-2002, 02:22 PM

Sounds good to me!
Old 05-27-2002, 07:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds good to me too.

Now I've got to decide if I should skip lunch for a week or skip a trip to Golden Banana for ice cream. Choices, choices...
Old 05-28-2002, 12:19 PM

Wow ... sounds great. I'm not an experienced autocrosser ... yet. But from what I hear, Test and Tune is a RARE opportunity. Basically, you get to do back-to-back runs while making minute adjustments to your car and trying to determine whether or not it works better for you. If you're at a real autocross, you don't really have the time to do it. And you don't want to screw up. And you don't get to do enough runs to make sure everything is right.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:53 PM

For most of us mere mortals, the only tuning we are likely to do is tire pressure... For those with fancy coilovers or adjustable shocks, there's a bit more that can be done.

Though unless you can drive consistently, the adjustments aren't going to mean much. But you can still use the time for seat time and get lots of instruction. The WMC events are normally not crowded but I do suggest preregistering if you can.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is this located?

Quick Reply: Excellent Opportunity for Those Wanting to Autocross Their First Time!!!