New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

EVENT: May 18 Connecticut Drive

Old 05-09-2002, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attending so far, pending weather: (reply below if I should add you to the list!)

Pinky
Vrm Vrm
Jenner
sehenkel
g-s2k
MacGyver
HopkintonMA
papabear
Element
Marj(New M3 Coup WITH GPS)
OD
turbo_pwr
Ludedude
jumper1564(maybe)
Psycho Ben(maybe)

Details (taken from Pinky's post
Hi all:

I am planning a trip to the Torrington/Litchfield area with a stop at Kent Falls State Park for Lunch. BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch) and chair/blanket to sit on. Its a beautiful place and lots of parking for us away from people. We will be leaving the Fairfield area around 11:00 at the latest and driving up to have lunch. After lunch we will head out again for some more fun driving. We may loose some crew after some driving to let them go back home if its closer but will then drive back to the Fairfield area for the end of the day.

I am doing some more scouting for the trip this weekend. May 11th but others are willing to come and give their input on which roads to take.

We will have 2-3 run groups depending on size. We will have an aggressive group and a intermediate group. I will be in the Aggressive group but will be cautious about police. I will be watching for them this weekend as well to judge the chances of seeing them.

I wanted to have us stop at Lime Rock but as of yet I can not find out if they are doing ANYTHING up there that weekend. This weekend and the weekend after there are events planned. More drive time!!!!!!

I will hope that our Mass contingent will show since I show for most all their events!!!!

I am still open to suggestions of roads to take. Not being from the area I have been out looking for roads but the true locals need to speak up and help out!!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 08:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn damn damn,

I will be out of the country Maybe next time.

Bobby
Old 05-12-2002, 12:37 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

SORRY FOR THE LENGTH!

CHANGES TO PLAN! We will be driving from the Fairfield area HI HO Motel up into some real back roads thanks to some great navagating this weekend. Lunch will be at LIME ROCK PARK. It should take us a good hour and a half to make it all the way up there. I unfortunatly have not done the entire run start to finish but enough of it to where we can see it getting right to Lime Rock no problems! Bring fold up chairs/blankets what not to lay out on the grass and eat lunch and watch the formula cars run. I have been told those are the go cart style ones. Its a Skip Barber weekend but we just have to sign a waver when we go in the gates.

Everybody should meet us at the start point which is the Mobil station on the SOUTH bound lane of 15 (Merrit Parkway) after exit 46. You can't miss it. Its the only one there. We can pull in there get gas/check air/show off the cars to passing motorists!

We will then start out on our drive. I will be writing up directions and there are points that you will want to pay attention to . At one point your going to see the car infront of you drop out like they just fell off a cliff and thats just what it feels like. So slow it the key there. Luckily I was breaking over the top of the hill. This happens 2 times in a row then at the stop sign you need to really really watch the front bumper and take the turn wide.

I will hop that everybody will be running the "jump into an intersection to block traffic" routine to help keep us all together when applicable.

Our drive after our lunch at Lime Rock HAS NOT BEEN DRIVEN! So our real fun driving will be our start to Lime Rock. What it holds for us after that will come to be in a little bit. I will be using Map Quest's detailed maps and a hard map to plan out our route. I will be putting up directions here and will have a map high lighted hopefully to take a digi pic of and post it here. Unless somebody steps up and plans me a route from Lime Rock!

I had planned to hit some roads but Vrm Vrm said that they were pretty lame and not much fun. So thats been tossed aside.

Reason for the change from Kent Falls to Lime Rock was that parking at Kent falls is now 5 bucks for in state and 8 for out of state and there was a swarm of bugs that jumped us as we got out of our cars in the parking lot and never left us alone! It made for a very unpleasant lunch.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A GPS that is going on our trip? We might use you!

(edit 5:42 am) I really have to before those that have planned trips before. Hope this one goes well. Well time to . I have been mapping out Lime Rock to RT 20 which will be where we drop off our MA contingent. They can take that over to 91 and then NORTH to the Mass Pike or south to 84 and on over to the Mass Pike your choice. From there I have yet to plan our way back over to Litchfield depending on what time it is the NY crew can hit RT4 and go back straight to NY or we can wind our way back south via some back roads and then hop onto RT 8 somewhere and let the rest head home.
Old 05-12-2002, 04:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinky
[B]SORRY FOR THE LENGTH!

Everybody should meet us at the start point which is the Mobil station on the SOUTH bound lane of 15 (Merrit Parkway) after exit 46. You can't miss it. Its the only one there. We can pull in there get gas/check air/show off the cars to passing motorists!
Old 05-12-2002, 06:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At, the moment, I would say my attendance is most likely.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:14 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally posted by sehenkel

What time? Same as before? 10-11-12?
I will say lets make it to LEAVE for the drive at 10:30 to let some of the MA and Northern NY crew get there and flip over the highway.

Those that are comming from the south you have to go past the rest stop and flip around. I think 47 is a good exit to do that. I am not sure if 46 will allow you to get back onto the highway going south.
Old 05-12-2002, 07:14 AM

I plan to be there....as long as I am feeling ok.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Oh and for all that are comming BRING WALKIE TALKIES! I will have a second one as will a couple others but its really a must. Also I would suggest for those that already have one that you get a head set for them because it lets you hear everything said and keep both hands on the wheel.
Old 05-12-2002, 04:33 PM

You can count me in. My wife said she may come along [first time] we will see. HA HA.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:52 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Anybody that is comming and does NOT have my cell phone # and wants it so if they need help getting there or need to let us know you will be late just PM me.

Though I know NOBODY will be late. Though I will not wait for ever for people.

Quick Reply: EVENT: May 18 Connecticut Drive