New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Employment, Unemployment.... Oh jeez

Old 05-22-2008 | 04:18 AM

I was a firefighter n the Navy. It is pretty nuts, you are right. But, it is also an immense adrenaline rush. If you thrive on excitement, it is a great job.

If you think you get a tingle in your fanny going around a curve fast in your S, a job in firefighting or law enforcement can really get your adrenaline going. Ask Steve, on his ride along with me last year we responded to another officer calling for backup. Steve almost lost his lunch
Old 05-22-2008 | 04:21 AM

you're a good looking guy...

there's tons of money in p0rn and not that trashy men's p0rn stuff - we'll put you in movies with dialog and a romance plot so ALL the woman fawn over you!! Heck i bet i could sell ellen a video or two

J/K i bet you'd make a great salesman - if you want i could forward your resume to our vp of sales
Old 05-22-2008 | 05:21 AM
Community Organizer

I like Steve's Idea about the Pron...

I know you said you wanted to get out of MTG, but I'll tell you....there is huge fall out in the industry.....the weaker players are leaving and with your sales strength, this may be an interesting time to jump in.

I think we are hiring MTG dev officers actually.
Old 05-22-2008 | 05:23 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bass,May 22 2008, 08:21 AM
you're a good looking guy...
I'm sure Dmitry is pleased that you noticed.

I like Jeff's suggestion. Take the Civil Service exam. Get a job with security, pension and benefits. Work in a large city or get a state job. Got any connections? Stay away from small business jobs...ask me why sometime.

If you don't have a four year degree go back to school. Start at night at a local Community College if you have to.

Stay away from the town/city of Norfolk. Bass keeps voting down new taxes and they are cutting jobs there.
Old 05-22-2008 | 05:26 AM

and there are now murders better get that gun jeff keeps harping me about

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...38/detail.html

two less tax payers in town now we know taxes are going up again
Old 05-22-2008 | 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,May 22 2008, 09:23 AM
If you don't have a four year degree go back to school. Start at night at a local Community College if you have to.

I've realized recently that I hate what I do. I think its the fact I just oathe the general public. Been in some form of sales since I was 18; 12 years later I am making a change. I've just (last week) enrolled in the local Community College to get back on track for my engineering degree. They say it's never too late but it does get more difficult the longer you wait. Get a business degree - you'll be wayyy more marketable.
Old 05-22-2008 | 05:39 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by LazyProfessor,May 22 2008, 09:35 AM

I've realized recently that I hate what I do. I think its the fact I just oathe the general public. Been in some form of sales since I was 18; 12 years later I am making a change. I've just (last week) enrolled in the local Community College to get back on track for my engineering degree. They say it's never too late but it does get more difficult the longer you wait. Get a business degree - you'll be wayyy more marketable.
yup less and less gray matter to work with as you get older but it also has to compete with all of the other crap you've jammed in there that has no use anymore.
Old 05-22-2008 | 05:58 AM

I just have this advice. If it ever gets to the point where you just can't stand going into work because you hate it that much then, it is probably a good idea to just take a temp job while you look for another one. Going into work 5 days a week for 9+ hours everyday when you really hate it is pretty close to the most stressful thing I can think of. I don't know if you are there yet, but don't let it get to that point before you do anything.
Old 05-22-2008 | 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by neoarroyo,May 22 2008, 09:58 AM
I just have this advice. If it ever gets to the point where you just can't stand going into work because you hate it that much then, it is probably a good idea to just take a temp job while you look for another one. Going into work 5 days a week for 9+ hours everyday when you really hate it is pretty close to the most stressful thing I can think of. I don't know if you are there yet, but don't let it get to that point before you do anything.

My brother got into this situation once. He also developed a taste for expensive single malt scoth. It was more of a money pit than a drinking problem though. Once he got his new job he was 10x happier.
Old 05-22-2008 | 06:23 AM

I'm waiting for a link to buy my video

I can't give any helpful job advice. I don't hate my job but I don't make a ton of money either. I do however have many intangible benefits

Quick Reply: Employment, Unemployment.... Oh jeez