New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Dudes, Ragsdale Honda

Old 05-22-2005, 06:34 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I hear you, Rob. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get rid of the S to get any classic car... However, I'd probably do it for a Porsche Carrera GT or a Ferrari Modena convt.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:40 AM

Received 4,248 Likes on 3,305 Posts

I want both of course, my S and an older classic car that's my goal but it's gonna be a loooooooong time coming!!
I'm sure you'd be happy to add an e-type or 246 dino to your collection. I get nervous sometimes that the prices are going to take off and be put out of my reach but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:43 AM

It's all cyclical, Rob. Good luck, of course!
Old 05-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,647 Posts

so chaz when are they going to do it?

I want a full report.
Ragsdale could be rather good for me too.
It's close enough to do a night drop for service.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:05 AM

The parts are ordered, and they're going to schedule an appt. for me when they're in, BB. I will indeed give you a full report. I'm very happy that they're doing this work under warrantee (which they should). Ragsdale and Bernardi are at war right now, and it's a benefit to all of us. Besides, I'd never go back to Lundgren.

I like the way they've set up Ragsdale, too. You're there in the showroom while you wait for service. I took a close look at the RidgeLine and the new Odyssey while I was there.

I wrote up a little tidbit in the "tell honda" forum, as this is the first time (other than my low-pressure buying experience at Brewster Honda in NY) that I've been happy with the dealer network.

BTW, BB, for service work, I'd recommend Chang of FunHondas over in Maynard. He's a lone guy, and his shop is completely unmarked, but he did my 30K interval, and he's a really knowledgable Honda guy. He's also big into the auto-x scene around here.

Of course, if you don't mind a trip a little north, Scott (Twizted) is really talented guy -- I watched him do a valve adjustment job with Jim (Pinky) last year at dyno day, and he knew exactly what he was doing.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:07 AM

BB, guys, don't forget Chazmageddon -- 2-Jul. Mark it down. Hope to see you.

The info is in the events/planning sub-forum.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Ragsdale sounds pretty good so far. But, Westboro is pretty far out from Newton where I live. FYI . . . I also despise Bernardi from my dealings with them when I owned a Honda Prelude. I haven't had to have my S serviced yet as I only have just over 5K miles. So, I'm wondering what the best place to take it is that's within a reasonable distance of my home. I used to also have my Prelude serviced at Clair in W. Roxbury. They were pretty good at the time, but I sold that car 5 or 6 years ago. When I went to tried to buy my S at Clair they were dicks in the sales dept. So, I'm wondering if the service dept. is any better. I ended up buying my car at Boch and their service dept. is open 7 days a week and pretty late at night which is nice. Anyone have an opinion about the Boch service dept?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:08 AM

Mike,

Personally, I think a good dealer is worth a few miles (Newton ain't that far), but that's your call. I guess I'm a little less sensitive to the extra traveling; I went to central NY last time to get my airbag switch installed (not that I had a choice, mind you).

Anyway, a number of the folks around here seem to trust Boch. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth though... PM Bass and get his opinion...

-- C
Old 05-23-2005, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,May 23 2005, 08:08 AM
Mike,

Personally, I think a good dealer is worth a few miles (Newton ain't that far), but that's your call. I guess I'm a little less sensitive to the extra traveling; I went to central NY last time to get my airbag switch installed (not that I had a choice, mind you).

Anyway, a number of the folks around here seem to trust Boch. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth though... PM Bass and get his opinion...

-- C
Thanks Chazmo. I don't think Ragsdale would be an unreasonably far drive. However, there has to be at least 4 or 5 other Honda dealers much closer to me than that one (Clair, Boch, Herb Chambers, Honda Village, Bernardi). So, I thought I would try one of them first. Of course, if they stink I will be making the drive to Ragsdale.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Does Chazmageddon have a theme song, and an official beverage?

Quick Reply: Dudes, Ragsdale Honda