New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

do you ever get the feeling...

Old 01-14-2006, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default do you ever get the feeling...

That sometimes - all it seems you do is fix things??!!

now some would say i had an epiphany while others would say i should ride the short bus BUT i was thinking about yesterday and today

so i wake up yesterday and head downstairs hit the switch and no workie.. say to myself - switch is bad i'll fix it when i get home from work....

head to work and someone gets an e-mail and then i get it.. ok i'll fix this problem...

come home and forgot i had to fix the switch until i head downstairs - no big deal - swap the switch and low and behold i've fixed it...

this morning is dump day (oooo the dump girl is hawt and today she was wet cause it's been raining all day) so i clean the basement and load all the trash into up my POS truck (i love it though cause it's paid for and has never failed me)

head out at 6:30 - and again this truck had never had a problem and i've owned it since July... mind you it's pouring buckets out.. turn the key and the darn thing does not fire (turns over but doesn't fire) GREAT i need to fix it... BUT before i can, i head to a friends home to fix his new VOIP (he coulnd't figure it out - no big deal and hour later and he gives me $50.00 (he's not that good of a friend where i would say "don't" worry about it..

so anyway get home and now i need to fix the truck - turns out the cap and rotor were never changed - so i head to the parts store and buy a cap & rotor. who'd thunk they get 38.00 for a cap and rotor (shit last time i bought one was maybe 10 years ago and they were 10.00) get home - its still pouring buckets and swap the cap & rotor - what da know it's fixed!! runs like a top again

looking around my house i see things i can fix up..

I've fixed other peoples stuff and you've guys helped me fix stuff - Dad always calls for me to fix his PD -

Heck Glenn has to fix my screwups sometimes - scott has always help fix my stuff - Erick helped fix my truck - I'm sure Bill's fixing to kill someone - Cubs helped me fix my walls - so i am going to help cubs wire in some lights- Lainey is always fixing for a good time - Rick is fixing the pink flowers - John is always fixing his stereo - Thomas and Sleva are fixing to have a or practicing anyway - Rick is going to fix his civic - Porto is fixing his wedding plans (call thomas!!) we're fixing to have the Nor Easter. Tom B is always fixing emmissions - doug had to fix his computer - Rob is teaching his son how to fix cars - we all did our part to help the people of LO to fix up after Ketirnia i could go on forever BUT i think i'll stop here

so do you ever get the feeling - that sometimes your ife is about fixing things???
Old 01-14-2006, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell me about it. Just had a little water in the kitchen that I totally redid a year ago. Come to find out the damn rain is coming in the stoves exhaust fan
Old 01-14-2006, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't talk to me, I own rental properties!

(But today I fixed nothing but food when I needed to eat...)

{wink},

Randy
Old 01-15-2006, 05:33 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Once you own stuff, house, car, rental properties, there is always something to fix.

I'm always amazed at how handy some people are. You guys here are big "do it yourselfers." Rick's quite handy. Has fixed plenty of stuff over the years.

Not everyone has the "fix it gift." I have a brother in law who is like a bull in a china shop. My sister is better off fixing things herself or calling a professional. Our son did not get the "fix it gift." He calls Rick.