New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Custom Engraving/Etching via Router

Old 04-15-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Engraving/Etching via Router

So my bro made a computer, software controlled router (not the networking kind) a while back which can etch/engrave pretty much anything, wood, plexiglass, plastic, metals etc. All you need is a postscript file, picture, text or whatever designs you have in mind, it gets opened in the software and the router will reproduce your design for you on whatever item you want it on. The actual engraving time takes about 15 minutes depending on complexity of the design and the router can accommodate pretty large panels.

ssfiit/Vinney recently had the word "S2000" etched into the wind deflector and it looks amazing, I'll post up some pics later. I figure there may be others out there who've wanted to do something similar. So I'm going to throw out this feeler and if there is enough interest, I can talk to him and see if maybe we can set up an "engraving/etching day". I figure this would be something new and interesting for the New England S2K community.

Location would likely be Quincy, MA, if there is enough interest to setup a meet

The potential etchers (just collecting names at this point):
1. Mark
2. Ellen
3. Ryan
4. SHUG
5. zzziippyyy
6. Matt

Just want to check it out:
Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 AM

I might be interested in this. I have a sticker on my wind screen but I'm getting tired of it. Problem is there at least 10 ideas for etchings I think I need to buy a couple spare deflectors before I do this

I like the S2000 idea, but I also like s2ki.com, Tadashi, Ellen...

Maybe a poll is in order
Old 04-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Ellen, since the wind deflector is not that expensive and easy to take on and off, you can possibly have multiple designs and rotate them if you will.
This is a great opportunity to replace any stickers with etchings instead which in my opinion looks really nice and classy and much more durable. I'm thinking a row of flags near the bottom of wind deflector would look nice too or some sort of checkered logo/flags. Check back later as I will have pics up of the first etching for all to see.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:25 AM

That's what I'm thinking. I'll look into getting a second (and maybe third ) deflector eventually but I think I def want to get in

it DOES depend on price though too of this service
Old 04-15-2008, 11:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys have not researched the price of a wind deflector have you? They are $223 from Majestic. Retail is $320
Old 04-15-2008, 11:37 AM

What I meant was used, say from eBay...
Old 04-15-2008, 11:38 AM

Even used on here they go for $100+usually. It's an expensive thing to have lying around for extras.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 AM

Oh well, you only need extra wind deflectors if you have multiple designs you want to do, otherwise, most people I think are satisfied with one design.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM

You are not a Gemini Mike, you don't understand my issues needing two of things

I think I will go with the web site. I've been trying to find a sticker for the windscreen but can't so this would be a cool alternative
Old 04-15-2008, 11:43 AM

My decal/sticker came out great and can be removed easily. However this is certainly a more durable and cool solution as well.

Quick Reply: Custom Engraving/Etching via Router