New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Cell phone service commentary appriciated [sic]...

Old 03-07-2003, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell phone service commentary appriciated [sic]...

(anyone catch the Strongbad reference?)

I'm thinking of switching carriers. Can anyone comment on their carrier and how good/bad their signals are and whether they encounter many dead spots? I have Sprint now (paying $25/mo) and get fair service but not great. A workman was in my house a few weeks ago and I was shocked when his Nextel phone rang in my basement! Since then, I've been wondering if I should shell out a few more bucks in hopes that I'd get more use out of my phone.

Comments appriciated!
Old 03-07-2003, 05:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out Amazon.com because they have some awesome deals on phones right now ie Motorolo V70 for free (after 300 rebate) T70 with camara attachment for free (after rebate)

they use T-Mobile which is IMO is pretty good.. i plan to switch at the end of the month as my verizon contract is up..
Old 03-07-2003, 06:08 AM

I have Sprint PCS. I like the carrier once I am in service. Unfortunately being on the shore in Milford does not warrant good service in my area. Probably why you are having a tough time also. My wife has verizon, she gets digital service in the house! Funny thing is I have almost 3 bars at my house and still have a tough time connecting. When I renew my contract I will dreadfully move to Verizon.

PS-> Don't all carriers lease the same towers? Maybe not?
Old 03-07-2003, 06:28 AM

I have AT&T, which is pretty decent. But a recent article in Consumer Reports had Verizon as the best.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:34 AM

Originally posted by Surf2k
I have AT&T, which is pretty decent. But a recent article in Consumer Reports had Verizon as the best.
Doh, my subscription got messed up and I haven't received the recent issues. Drat. Do you know what month?
Old 03-07-2003, 06:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JD Power ranks T-Mobile as the highest customer satisfaction for the NYC Metro area. My wifes Verizon has better reception then my AT&T near my home but fine everywhere else. I use to travel a lot for work. I had Sprint before (couple of years ago) that was horrible, calls kept getting dropped when I was on the road.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:35 AM

verizon is so much better in woodbridge ct than sprint.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:14 AM
mas

Sprint is a definite NO!

I've been using Verizon since it was called "Bell atlantic mobile" and I've been happy, never any problems and mind you I travel a lot. I'm amazed when I get digital signal travelling thru far away in the middle of nowhere places. My wife had Sprint for a long time and finally switched over to verizon as well - she didn't get serivce at her school, in downtown Marlboro, in our house and while travelling she was always using my phone cause she wouldn't get a signal. You do pay more for Verizon, but you get what you pay for. What's the point in having a cell phone if it won't work when you need it, specially in an emergency.

In Metro areas most cell phone services work fine.

PS: Anyone knows about this website: http://www.sprintpcs-sucks.org/
Old 03-07-2003, 08:26 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

I found out that different phones get majorly different reception. I had an old phone that SUCKED and got a new one...........worked great lots more places.

Though Verizon or T-Mobil I have heard are pretty good.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been with AT&T for two years now an dreasonably happy. A friend has Sprint PCS and it drops calls just pulling onto the highway There's no one system that's better than another, but you should be able to find a company that has great service in your particular area. Pick up a deal (you usually have three days to try it out) and see what the range/signal strength is...if you don't like it, cancel and try another service until you find one to your liking.

Quick Reply: Cell phone service commentary appriciated [sic]...