New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Car wash meet is March 7th!! Post here!!!

Old 02-19-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

This should be GREAT! All invited! Let's start the season early!

Ok gang, Sunday, March 7th is the car wash meet. Start time will be 10:30. The session will go till 2:30. We will either order lunch, or drive for fast food depending on how the work is going.

I'll host it at my house. If the weather is good and my hoses thaw, we can wash in my driveway. If it is not real nice, we can go to a near-by multi bay pressure hose car wash and then go back to my house with clean cars for the rest of the meet.

What else are we gonna do? Well, we'll have some familiar faces in their professioonal capacity to help everyone with interior and exterior car care issues.

Chip (vrm vrm) from Sports Car Care will join us with some samples of his fine products for us to try out and some inventory to sell to those who need supplies. If you know you need something, e-mail him beforehand so he is sure to bring exactly what you need. If you don't know what he sells, just click his sponsor box in the upper right hand corner (the one that says Repost all over it).

Max (speedfreak) has agreed to look at any body blems like dents and scratches and give estimates for repairs so you can budget and take care of you body projects before the summer. Max has tons of experience doing S2000 bodies. You can trust his assesment.

Jeff (Serious Rex) will show us how he gets to the scene of the crime with his new pocket pc Nav system. This unit clips right to the heater vent of the car. Jeff says the accuracy is very high!

George (Paivag) may also bring his portable pc/gps capable unit to demonstrate.

Jim (Pinky) may also do a brief presentation of other portable GPS units that we may be interested in. Jiom is now an executive salesman for Techdepot and may be a good source for these products.

Me, I'll be opening up the heated, three car garage for Chip and Max to do their thing indoors if it is cold out, and for any quick maintenance jobs people need to do. Oil changes, tranny and diff fluid, you know, little stuff. This will be limited due to time, so if you want a bay, tell me now. Be prepared to take all drain oils with you. If it is nice out, we will do exterior and interior car care outside and reserve the bays for maintenance only.

Helpers? Well, I haven't asked yet, but if Glenn and John would be willing to help out with any maintenance, that would be great.

I have some buckets and we can use my hot water, but if some of you can bring buckets and wash tools that would be great.

So mark your calenders for the 7th.

(Hey Glenn, feel free to make this post more colorful with all your smilies. Thanks.)

Look forward to seeing everyone

Bill
Old 02-19-2004, 06:59 PM

Did I mention this will be great?
Old 02-19-2004, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Bill, I will be on vacation on the beach at Puerto Aventuras Resort on the Mexican Caribbean.

I'll drink one for you all!
Old 02-19-2004, 07:46 PM

I'm in!!! Hope I can get the day off... but it shouldnt be a prob this time of year.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:13 PM

I'd love to go, wish it would be on Sunday. I work every saterday.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:01 PM

I cant go either. I will be in Boston this coming weekend to celebrate a friends B-day
Old 02-20-2004, 02:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bill !! i'm in -
Old 02-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

I will be doing my own oil change here. I won't need the bay.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:34 AM

Question: If I changed this to March 7 (Sunday) would those who said they can't make it be able to come? Also, would those who can make it next week end still be able to come? If everyone is good for March 7 I'll change it. If it is just as bad on March 7, I'll keep the 28th date.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:24 AM

March 7 (Sunday) I am in no matter what! Although don't hate me if I show up with a mexican tan and sombrero! Bill you don't have to change the date on account of me!

Where's everyones elses .02? Come on folks lets get a meet going. I already blocked March 7 (Sunday) on my PDA!

Quick Reply: Car wash meet is March 7th!! Post here!!!