New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Bass's S-Pods are in

Old 05-29-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bass's S-Pods are in

I bought Steve's S-Pods yesterday and put them in today. Steve correctly warned me about getting those four long bolts to line up. Anyway, I mounted the S-Pods, and ran the wiring foreword to under the driver's side dash. Now I'm at the point where I just have to hook the speaker wires up to the stock 2004 HU. I located the 4-pin connector for the rear speakers but stopped short of cutting it off and soldering my speaker wires to it. I can't get my big hammy mitts in their well enough do a decent job. Jeff mentioned that Lucid has the matching 4-pin plug that hooks up to the rear speaker output on 2004's. I searched but could not find it.

Can anyone offer me any leads on getting that plug?
Old 05-29-2005, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that was quick

maybe this will help because the 04s already have a harness - (for the factory rear speakers
Old 05-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Oh yea.............
Old 05-29-2005, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,May 29 2005, 06:34 PM
wow that was quick

maybe this will help because the 04s already have a harness - (for the factory rear speakers
i forgot to add the link

http://www.handa-accessories.com/S2000/s2kheadrest.pdf
Old 05-29-2005, 07:40 PM

Yeah, I had already printed that out and it helped me find the 4-pin connector on the vehicle harness that powers the rear speakers. What I need is the 4-pin connector on the speaker harness mentioned in #57, page 11. I hope I don't have to buy the whole headrest speaker harness just to get that connector. I think Jeff said that Lucid sells the connector, but I couldn't find where or how.

I found out the color codes for the 4 wires on the vehicle 4-pin connector, so I could just cut it off and solder the wires to the correct speaker leads. However, that connector is way up high under the dash with no extra slack in the wire. I can only reach it with one hand and can't get enough access to get a good grip on it. If I cut it off and end up with 4 short wires buried under the dash I'm afraid I won't be able to make a good connection. I would love to find the mating connector, attach the wires in the right spots on the 4 pin plug and then just plug it in.

Does anyone know if I can get that speaker harness connector? Not the whole speaker harness, just the connector.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:02 PM

why not just tap into the harness behind the head unit (pull the head unit and you see a harness) there is plenty of room to add wire and the colors will be the same that runs to the burried harness

i know lucid sells a harness for the pre-04s but since you already have rear leads coming out of the back of your 04 head unit itself it would make more sense to tap it there.

sorry Mike i wish i could help more but i ahd an aftermarket head-unit
Old 05-30-2005, 06:42 AM

Good point. I'll try pulling the head unit. Thanks for the input. I don't really expect any instant fixes here. I'm just trying to keep this as simple as possible.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:33 AM

When I installed my S-pods I used a small amplifier (Alpine) as I was told that without it the stock radio doesn't have enough power to make the 4 speakers work efficiently. I used 5 i/2" speakers and a tweeter in the doors and 5 1/4 speakers and tweeter in the S-pods. Sound 100% better!!
Old 05-31-2005, 03:04 PM

FWIW, the S-Pods are in and cranking out sounds. I did not have to take out the HU. I found a way to access the plug on the vehicle harness and make good connections. The stock HU seems to drive the rear speakers just fine with no added amp. Now I have the stock HU, dashboard controls and twice as much sound. Hardly a whisper compared to the system Steve had, but I'm happy.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:49 PM

glad to read that those speakers didn't require an amp

Quick Reply: Bass's S-Pods are in