New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Anyone have any Suzuki SX-4 experience?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Anyone have any Suzuki SX-4 experience?

I'm wondering if anyone has anything negative to say. I've owned a Suzuki Sidekick for 13 years, and I'm considering moving to an SX4 Crossover. So, no stranger to Suzukis, but interested in the modern take.

I particularly like the 3-mode AWD... 2WD, iAWD, and locked AWD. Sounds like the best of all worlds.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Charlie, I got no idea, but I was wondering how much they get for that trailer hitch you bought for your S now? I have an original Hammerly that your's was based on and I want to try and sell it for a fair price.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at them when I bought my Impreza. For the money, it's decent but the mileage on them isn't hot and the safety scores are mostly 4-stars, not 5. That may be because it lacks Stability and Traction control. I didn't like the driving position myself, and the shifter was way too rubbery for my tastes (Not sure the Auto). But again, they were about 500 dollars cheaper than a base Impreza with a stick.

Plus, the 100k Warranty makes for a good piece of mind, but Suzuki doesn't score too well in J.D. Power nor Consumer Reports dependibility studies. OTOH, I went to college with a girl who had a Geo Slacker, pretty much the same vehicle as your Sidekick and that thing was tough as nails. She had great luck with it.

If your wanna make a comparison, seriously check out the Impreza. The Vibe probably has a few good deals on it as well since Pontiac dealers are huting right now. The Toyota Matrix is surprisingly much more expensive than all of them once you add the AWD.

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Suzuki

Safety info on some cars at the link.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:59 AM

I had one as a rental car in St Croix and it was great little car. It was the sedan, not the xover. Trunk was amazingly big, fit 3 suitcase and 3 other bags in the trunk.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:09 AM

Hey folks. Thanks for the input!!! I think it's going to come down to whether I can get this for a song or not. The dealership closes its doors on Friday, and I'm thinking I can name my price.

Scott, I think it has stability and traction control, but maybe that's a recent addition.

Dave, thanks for the info! I like the flexible seating capability, but this thing is really a small car. Which, of course, I like.... but is it sufficient replacement for my Sidekick... Gotta' think about it.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stability control is federally required for 2012 models. The new rule was announced in April, 2007. So many models will get it earlier than that.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new models do offer stability and traction control standard on the hatchback.

The Touring model has some darn good features for the money. It is small, but it's definitely worth a look. I see more and more of them on the road.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 PM

I'm trying to cook up the right number for a counter offer... I should be able to name my price, but we'll see.

STay tuned. Thanks for the comments, folks.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Dec 17 2008, 10:09 AM
Hey folks. Thanks for the input!!! I think it's going to come down to whether I can get this for a song or not. The dealership closes its doors on Friday, and I'm thinking I can name my price.

Scott, I think it has stability and traction control, but maybe that's a recent addition.

Dave, thanks for the info! I like the flexible seating capability, but this thing is really a small car. Which, of course, I like.... but is it sufficient replacement for my Sidekick... Gotta' think about it.
Ya, I guess I was off on that, ESC and TSC are standard on the hatchback, not sure about the sedan. Oh, forgot to mention that it comes standard with Navigation. It even pops out of the top of the dash.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any Suzuki SX-4 experience?