New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

anyone been to AZ or Cali?

Old 10-27-2004, 08:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Did anyone mention the Grand Canyon? As I recall it's fairly close to Flagstaff, and you really should do some hiking there if you can while you're in Arizona. The Grand Canyon is one of the most amazing places to see in our big country.

If you don't have time for that, then I agree with the other comment about Sedona. That's a nice place (and a sweet drive from Flagstaff through canyon roads).
Old 10-28-2004, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corona_S2K,Oct 26 2004, 02:11 PM
I should have read your post a little closer. You do plan on going to Napa. In Napa Valley be sure to visit Sterling Vineyards. It is at the north end of the Valley. You ride a gondola up the hill to the winery. There is a beautiful view of the Napa Valley from there. Be sure to look in the wine country brochures for the two for one coupon for Sterling. They charge $15.00 each for the gondola ride which includes the wine tasting. It is worth it for $15.00 for two but $30.00 is pushing it.

If your interested in nature there is the Old Faithful of California Geyser in Geyserville. Again at the north then of the valley. Also near Sterling is the petrified forest. I haven't been there but it sounded like fun.

When we were there we rode the Napa Valley Wine train. It is basically a moving restaurant that goes from the town of Napa to St. Helena and back. The cars are old restored vintage rail cars and the food is very good. Sit back enjoy a ride through Napa Valley, eat some great food, and drink some great wine. Their web site is:

http://www.winetrain.com

The web site says for dress code a jacket is suggested but not required. I wore a jacket and tie and was overdressed. Business casual would be fine. Many people wore jeans.

One of our favorite wineries was V. Sattui in St. Helena. They are a small family owned winery with great wines. You can only buy their wines at the winery or on their web site.

http://www.vsattui.com/

Speaking of which if you want to buy wines on line or direct from the winery when you return home make sure that you get on the mailing list of any winery you think you might want to purchase from. California wines cannot be sold direct and shipped to Massachusetts. HOWEVER there is a loop hole. If you get on the wineries mailing list while you are there then you can order direct no problem.

We ran into this with my mom who lives in Pittsfield.

Have fun and let me know if I can be of any help while you are here.

Sure whish I could have made it home for the fall colors. Maybe next year.

GO Redsox!
GREAT thanks