New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Any Techies want to work with ESPN?

Old 03-03-2005, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Techies want to work with ESPN?

I am looking for a few software/web developers to work for ESPN... Anyone here interested and thinks that they have the coding abilities to do something like this...please let me know...looking to find them ASAP!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 06:18 PM

I pm'd you about a buddy of mine.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:08 PM

Depends on the coding...
I know my share of perl/cgi/html
Also know flash...
Old 03-04-2005, 12:05 AM

Are the positions in New England? Also you might post what technologies they are using if they have decided; some people specialize in Java, others in Microsoft technologies, etc.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:31 AM

Well ESPN is located in New Britain, CT last time I checked and Since S2Khartop is in CT this week I would be guessing it would be a CT position. Actually is this a fulltime or contract position?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:57 PM

Pm'd you. I'm interested.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:56 PM

This is the job description for ESPN, if anyone is looking to do some contract work, we are looking for a few in FL and with a company called Avaya, they will fly you in to work the week and then fly you back home for the weekend and thats how you will spend your time working for them. All expenses will be taken cared of. If you guys are interested, please send me your contact info.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:59 PM

RESPONSIBILITIES:
The fantasy games producer position is a technical position. The fantasy games producer is responsible for producing, managing, creating and maintaining the technical elements of ESPN.com fantasy games. Typically a producer will be responsible for a number of fantasy games and will produce all applications, templates and features for those games year-round. The producer will also be responsible for the continual generation and implementation of new ideas for their games. Additionally the producer will be responsible for many smaller projects and tasks throughout the year. Typical duties include, template maintenance and creation, automation troubleshooting, coverage planning, investigation and implementation of new technologies. The producer will also work with many groups within ESPN.com and ESPN to develop new ideas for Internet sports coverage and fantasy game feature enhancements.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree, Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in sports and fantasy games. 2-5 years experience in a technical role, preferably with a high-traffic, world-class web site. Proven ability to be innovative and come up with unique solutions. Expert knowledge of HTML. Extensive experience writing DHTML and JavaScript in creating dynamic, streamlined online user experiences. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming. Experience working with a structured programming language. Understanding of template performance issues and algorithm optimization. Strong communication skills. Strong project management experience, with project lives ranging from a few days to many months. Experience writing technical specs and driving them through development. Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once.

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience playing fantasy sports games a plus.