New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Any mechanics who can work on tranny?

Old 08-14-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any mechanics who can work on tranny?

Well i just wanted to see what routes i have with the problem that i believe i caused. Tried doing the slave delay removal and when reinstalled something went wrong. There is a crack on the fork that sticks out of the tranny that is in teh rubber boot. I think i cracked it and broke the top portion so the fork is sitting a little bit low. The car is going to the dealers just to see what they can do but if they charge me an arm and leg then i migth have to see if i can find some other cheap method of getting this fixed. Would any one be able to probably pull the tranny and replace the fork. I am not sure if its that easy as to just replacing the fork but i do hope so. I'd of course would be paying for parts and labor but as long as im saving alot compared to the dealer then thats all i can do. Please if anyone has any interest in helping me out please let me know some pricing and any input on the problem that im dealing with. School starts the 29th also... so i would hope there is someway or somehow to get it up and running by that day.

Thanks

John
Old 08-14-2005, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't think you'll find a "cheap" mechanic BUT Scott aka Twiztid from Ballistic motor sports in Manchester NH will be less expensive than the dealership and you can be assured that if scott works on your car - he'll do it right and he
Old 08-14-2005, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bass... ill see what happens at the dealers first and go from there. From being on this board i have noticed that scott has been the man to bring the s2k too. Even though i have never met him or talked to him... i feel like my car will be in good hands if it comes down to the fact that it does need to go to him.

Update: Hey bass thanks very much for the input... it would have been very helpful if i had to go that route... but i got a friend of mine to stop by who works for honda and he was able to take a look at it and now the car is up and running again... so no need to get anythign fixed. The fork thats inside teh rubber boot was misaligned or out of place but he fixed that and it started up. Sad part is after all of this work and frustration i still wasnt able to get the snap ring off.

thanks again