New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

4 Months and my car's still in the body shop!

Old 09-15-2002, 04:57 PM
mas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Months and my car's still in the body shop!

What can I say, the whole summer has gone by and there's still no knowing when I'll get my car back. Everytime I call the body shop, they tell me 2 more weeks. Is there anything I can do about this situation? I mean, i'm making lease payments and still have to pay for rental cars and it just seems like a never ending story...

Just venting. :-(
Old 09-15-2002, 05:41 PM

That stinks...hopefully you will get it back soon..we still have a couple of good months to drive!
Old 09-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,677 Posts

hey mas who is doing your car?

might be time for a face to face.
ask for a detailed list of remaining work and a schedule for when it will happen.
unless this is a personal friend performing the work, don't be afraid to be an a$$hole. after 4 months, ask him if you should be getting legal counsel to resolve the delays. build a little fire....
Old 09-16-2002, 07:00 AM
mas

I'm not friends with them and I do visit them twice a week to check the progress. On my last visit I actually was quite mad and they got mad in turn giving me a lecture on how it's against their interest to keep the car cause of all the money they've invested in parts, etc. and that they cannot predict the unexpected like if the techs go on vacation/etc. I think it's all BS. I can see the progress but at a very very very slow rate. I feel like my car is at the back burner. They are basically keeping me at the edge of my patience. The moment i show them signs of loosing my patience, they throw me a bone and do some work on the car. By now, the suspension work has been done (from what I know) and they are working towards painting the car, then they'll re-assemble it. Now, for the paint, they have to wait for a factory rep so it's another waiting game....

I've thought about legal counsel, but then agian what are my options? What can I do really? They car is completely stripped waiting to be painted, it's probably not feasable to move it somewhere else and go thru the whole waiting game with another body shop all over again. They never gave me anything on paper, i only have their word. :-(

[QUOTE]Originally posted by boltonblue
[B]hey mas who is doing your car?

might be time for a face to face.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:06 AM

this is just my thought - I think the only thing you would get out of legal would be payment for the rental car. Any other compensation would go directly to the insurance company.

Perhaps it is time to go and talk to the shop's owner or general manager. You might mention that your friends are asking what is up and want to know what is taking so long - indicate that they want to know the name of the shop so they know where not go.

Sadly, you are paying the price. I sure hope things get better for you.

I got rid of my O2's right after your accident, they were worn anyway and I never could trust the tire in the rain. I use Blizzaks in the winter and they are real nice, though as expected the car is little loose on the turns.

Good luck! We all are with you on this.