Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

Pics from VegasGroupDrive.com Overton Run *56k eh*

Old 01-31-2005, 09:54 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

the unofficial net officer kam was there, im sure none of you cracked em open on the street thats just wrong.
Dave...I'm gonna try to bring reality more into focus for you...

you can go street racing all you want. Enjoy. have fun beating 12sec cars with your stock s2000. whatever makes you sleep better. I don't judge you for that nor do i care that you do it. your life, your responsibilities.

However, if you are going to street race near/around/with me or my friends... that's when I have a problem with it. Why? cause I don't know if you can drive. Yeah, you can pilot a car down a straight path... that's awesome, a monkey with a lazy eye could do the same. But, there were turns involved, many of which would cause instant death if you messed up.

On this particular drive, everyone was driving within their limits and kept the speeds below "gotta prove how cool I am" levels. Yes, we did hammer it at times. Nothing to prove who had the faster car....but to keep the group together, more or less. It was a cruise, after all.

It was fun.

and Dave, I'd be so far in front of you, that it wouldn't have been an issue. The only reason you would ever catch me, is when i run out of gearing (likely, since the car will mathematically top out at 140mph), break, or pull over so I can pass you again

oh, and I'm kidding. we don't care if your car is faster. we don't invite you out to dinner cause your car has beat x amount of cars. think about it.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how is it that I didnt see nor hear any thing about this drive untill sunday afternoon??? Grumble.....

nice to see you guys had fun, I did most of that run on my own a few months back... (Boardum, a set of azenis and a full tank of gas...) .any one else notice that the road gets noticeably rougher the Farther out you get? made for some interesting cornering....

Kam, Just reading your post on LVracing scenc about your 60mph braking distances.... Something I read about for group drives that may apply here... "your brakes are only as good as the guys behind you are....."
Old 01-31-2005, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Zzyzx' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE]Kam, Just reading your post on LVracing scenc about your 60mph braking distances....
Old 01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yugo

GTI with blue tape

Looked like fun.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Ludedude' date='Jan 31 2005, 06:47 PM
GTI with blue tape

Follow Kam with his race tyres on and you'll understand the need for blue tape. I followed him for a while and he kicked one rock up over my windshield that smacked me in the forehead! Next time I follow Kam with my top down I'm doing it with my helmet on!

Karim
Old 01-31-2005, 07:32 PM

hehe. my turn , moves chess pieces. lets see, since your kidding, id like to see you drive a car down the track, that comes loose around 160, and takes instant precise response to get back in line. any monkey with one lazy eye car pilot a car around turn after turn, counting on the car to do basically the same thing, and if it gets a bit hairy, just back off or brake a bit. thats where track racing and autocross bore me, they have an end. you get to X amount of skill, and then your done. next sport. drag racing... you can never ever get to the end, just when you think you can drive, the next skill level is there, looming above you. and every piece of the event takes twice the skill of a road course guy, consistency again and again, and tweaking your car and suspension for maximum performance, why because thats what wins you the race, you and that machine in tune with each other. if you go too fast, or too slow you lose.
anyways, we could argue this dumb point all day long, pride is the only issue here, and mine is indestructable. i take nothing personal, and could care less what any lil track guy has to say. ive been to all these events, and the one i choose, is the ones where the most technology comes from, and max HP is the deal. thats just what makes me tick. been that way over 15 years, so when you were playing with legos kam, i was sideways in the snow, in an underpowered 70 bug. and have grown since then, im 30 now, and if you doubt my driving skills, im sorry for your poor judgement. there will never be a day where you are a better driver than me, sorry. we will prob never get to test this fact as i care very little to prove myself at the road course. so this lil debate maybe ends, with smiles on all our faces, why? we are alive, and actually have the skills to drive our cars the way we do. and to enjoy the sports we choose. its america boys, enjoy it because you can.
p.s im just kidding. lol. lates folks. dave
Old 01-31-2005, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas' date='Jan 31 2005, 08:32 PM
any monkey with one lazy eye car pilot a car around turn after turn, counting on the car to do basically the same thing, and if it gets a bit hairy, just back off or brake a bit.
that one comment instantly told me that you've never doen any amount of either (Autocross or open track) simply because if you did, you'd know on an oversteering car, doing either of those (backing off or hitting the brakes) ushually ends in a spin...
Old 01-31-2005, 09:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zzyzx' date='Jan 31 2005, 09:54 PM
that one comment instantly told me that you've never doen any amount of either (Autocross or open track) simply because if you did, you'd know on an oversteering car, doing either of those (backing off or hitting the brakes) ushually ends in a spin...
Old 01-31-2005, 09:07 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven' date='Jan 31 2005, 05:39 PM
This is soooo true.

I tried to keep a huge distance between me and the guy behind me. I wanted to make sure that, if something DID happen, they had enough time to react and brake accordingly.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:38 AM

[QUOTE]hehe.

Quick Reply: Pics from VegasGroupDrive.com Overton Run *56k eh*