Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

my car just got hit

Old 06-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey richard I just dropped off my car today at Concours and they said it's probably gonna be totaled out. one guy said they are gonna pull the trunk and bumper off and see if it can be straighten, that will determine the majority of the cost. that's what he was saying. and the other guy I talked to said the car is for sure totaled.

the amount owed pass the value of the car is usually covered by "GAP" insurance. it just covers the remainder amount if you were to total a car and you owed more than the car was worth. if that makes any sense. but I don't see why he wouldn't pay for all of it.

Shouldn't your insurance be helping you out too. Like if progressive was to only pay 10,000. isn't your insurance suppose to go after the person for you? or am I confused?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by inline976,Jun 11 2010, 12:52 PM
Hey richard I just dropped off my car today at Concours and they said it's probably gonna be totaled out. one guy said they are gonna pull the trunk and bumper off and see if it can be straighten, that will determine the majority of the cost. that's what he was saying. and the other guy I talked to said the car is for sure totaled.

the amount owed pass the value of the car is usually covered by "GAP" insurance. it just covers the remainder amount if you were to total a car and you owed more than the car was worth. if that makes any sense. but I don't see why he wouldn't pay for all of it.

Shouldn't your insurance be helping you out too. Like if progressive was to only pay 10,000. isn't your insurance suppose to go after the person for you? or am I confused?
i owe about 6000 on the car so we probably don't have to rely on gap insurance.

still haven't received a call from adjuster yet.....

good to hear that they'll probably total it. thanks peej
Old 06-12-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

richard,
just was talking to my step dad who is a state farm agent in minnesota......he is saying that this should be considered a "collision" not a property damage claim so his insurance should cover all your damage.(provided the collision min. is more,..not sure on nevada laws right now) If by chance nevada law is weird and whatever reason your damage is more than 10k or its totaled and they are not gonna cover it, file a claim with your insurance then, pay your deductible, and then get your car fixed or collect the fair market value for it, pay off your loan etc and then your insurance will battle his insurance to get THEIR money back since it is not an issue they should cover and while doing that they will get your deduct. money back for you as well. You should never be the middle man like I was in my recent claim. Wish I woulda just filed with mine when the kid denied liability because I woulda got my car fixed alot sooner.......only bad thing is Nevada set the time limit the insurance companies can dispute each other at 2 years. So when talking with my insurance they said it could and usually does take that long to get your money back if you end up paying when you are not at fault.
Just something to think about.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:55 AM

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Looks like they're not going to total it. The cost of damages came up less than 65% of the total cost of my car. They said the cost of my car was actually higher than expected. I should receiving more details via email. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nte11igence,Jun 15 2010, 10:55 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Looks like they're not going to total it. The cost of damages came up less than 65% of the total cost of my car. They said the cost of my car was actually higher than expected. I should receiving more details via email. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Fight that sh!t. Tell them that your car will not be the same. Plus keeping fighting for more money if all they offer you is 10,000$. You can sue his insurance company for more money!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:49 PM

So I spoke with my mom's former attorney and I was told that there's not much I can do to have the car totalled. Either I have it brought to another shop and get a new quote, which probably won't happen because 1) concours has always been great to me and everyone else I've talked to and 2) the estimate won't differ by that much.

However, once they are done with the car, I'm thinking about selling it. I had a consultation with the lawyer today and I've decided to take the personal injury route to reclaim my losses. I should start therapy with the PT sometime next week.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nte11igence,Jun 18 2010, 12:49 AM
So I spoke with my mom's former attorney and I was told that there's not much I can do to have the car totalled. Either I have it brought to another shop and get a new quote, which probably won't happen because 1) concours has always been great to me and everyone else I've talked to and 2) the estimate won't differ by that much.

However, once they are done with the car, I'm thinking about selling it. I had a consultation with the lawyer today and I've decided to take the personal injury route to reclaim my losses. I should start therapy with the PT sometime next week.
If you decide to change lawyers my friends dad, Is a personal injury lawyer. He is in Sparks let me know if you want his info.