Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

Group Drive

Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest it just hard for most ppl to come and meet up, everyone has different schedules and everyone is into different things, we've tried to meet up for about 2 years and I've met almost everyone but not at the same time.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by inline976
to be honest it just hard for most ppl to come and meet up, everyone has different schedules and everyone is into different things, we've tried to meet up for about 2 years and I've met almost everyone but not at the same time.
How many S2000 owners are there in Reno?
Old 09-12-2011, 04:41 PM

ones that i have their number, i think 7 or 8 others i don't have their numbers
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

It is really hard to get everyone together at the same time. I know there are a lot of non enthusiasts that have s2ks .
I can count about 15 that are not on the forums I see regularly. Most older folk or women. I did spot a suzuka blue with rpf1s yesterday I had never seen before.

As for the fun roads.....395 north to hwy 70 for About 40 miles to graeagle, I believe its 89 but not sure since I just know my way around and never look at highway signs. Just past the golf course there is a right turn towards Gold Lake...... Not too twisty but you can see about six lakes in a few miles. IF you continue this road it comes out in a In a town called bassetts. Here you can go left and head into Sierraville and loyalton...this is a very twisty section for About 10 miles....in one of these towns you can get on 89 and head into truckee or continue on through the valley for a ways and come back out on 70 at the town you passed through in the beginning called Vinton. Here you would just hang a right and head back towards 395.

If you choose to go right in bassetts.....it will take you down to Nevada city by Grass Valley which is near Auburn outside of Sacramento......kinda long but beautiful.

Another favorite is to take 70 all the way past Graeagle and into Quincy......here you follow the Feather River canyon all the way to Oroville. This road just follows the river for a long way.....like 50 miles or so. LOts of train bridges and places to jump in the river or take pictures.

I use to be online all the time but now that I only have a phone it makes it a pain to do anything.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
It is really hard to get everyone together at the same time. I know there are a lot of non enthusiasts that have s2ks .
I can count about 15 that are not on the forums I see regularly. Most older folk or women. I did spot a suzuka blue with rpf1s yesterday I had never seen before.

As for the fun roads.....395 north to hwy 70 for About 40 miles to graeagle, I believe its 89 but not sure since I just know my way around and never look at highway signs. Just past the golf course there is a right turn towards Gold Lake...... Not too twisty but you can see about six lakes in a few miles. IF you continue this road it comes out in a In a town called bassetts. Here you can go left and head into Sierraville and loyalton...this is a very twisty section for About 10 miles....in one of these towns you can get on 89 and head into truckee or continue on through the valley for a ways and come back out on 70 at the town you passed through in the beginning called Vinton. Here you would just hang a right and head back towards 395.

If you choose to go right in bassetts.....it will take you down to Nevada city by Grass Valley which is near Auburn outside of Sacramento......kinda long but beautiful.

Another favorite is to take 70 all the way past Graeagle and into Quincy......here you follow the Feather River canyon all the way to Oroville. This road just follows the river for a long way.....like 50 miles or so. LOts of train bridges and places to jump in the river or take pictures.

I use to be online all the time but now that I only have a phone it makes it a pain to do anything.
This is really helpful! Thank you.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 AM

I am a local from around Graeagle and Quincy/Portola. I definitely know all of the roads and have drove them dozens if not hundreds of times...

I'm not really driving that much anymore since I had to garage my car away from the house (landlord built a pointless room in our garage).
Old 10-12-2011, 02:58 PM

Since we've had such lack of interest I won't be planning a drive. It appears too many people are 'busy' or 'dont have money for gas' or generally have a bad attitude.

It's a shame Reno is such a hard place to have car events.

To those who were interested I will reach you off line.