Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

Good Body Shop

Old 12-04-2007, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Integrity Collision is on 215 and Rainbow, it seem like it is a hit and miss all around town. The person you handed your keys to is not the person that actually do the work on your car. Body shop guys move around all the time, unless you know the body guy personally I guess it would be hard to bank on anything.

Good luck, ask about warranty and its details before turning your keys over. At least when you go to a shop that is recommended to you from someone working in the industry they may less likely to f**K up because they would not want me to know about it as I recommend shops all day long. They would then be off that list.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:04 PM

I'll give intergrity a shot, i guess it will be hit an miss all over the valley, that sucks though. Thanks everyone!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:47 PM

Talk to Chad H. and tell him Phillip from Farmers Ins. sent you. I don't get any kudos or anything like that but I want him to know that it is a referral from a good source. He will be on top of things.

What are you getting done anyway?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by KrazyKarim,Dec 3 2007, 03:29 PM
I've gotten very mixed reveiws on them. I have one friend in particular whose car they did a horrid job on and when he went to get his OEM bumper the shop had lost it
are you talking about ViVid?
Old 12-10-2007, 07:51 AM

The front bumper needs the drilled holes plugged or replaced, and the rest is paint work, the previous shop did a horrible job and the paint is very wavy and uneven.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:45 PM

From some one who's family owns a collision repair shop thats been open for nearly 20 years now... I can say for every good shop, there are 10 crappy ones. (I'd recommend ours, but its down in San Diego)

other wise, DRP's arn't necessarily bad, they just tend to give lower prices to select insurance companies. That being said, some less reputable shops will then take short cuts on the repairs in order to make up for that discount.

So, my recommendation... #1, get multiple quotes from several shops. and compare the sheets between them. You'll be surprised how much variation there is between estimates.

#2, Make sure the shops tech's are certified!!! and that they have the latest equipment to make the repair.

and #3 is my pet peeve... parts that can be removed from the car to be repaired and painted should be. as in if you see them painting a bumper or fender while its still attached to the car, take your $$$ some where else. This also goes for not pulling the glass when appropriate (wind shield for pillar painting or quarter glass when painting the quarter panel.) as these are the shops that are cutting corners to make more of a buck.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zzyzx,Dec 10 2007, 02:45 PM
From some one who's family owns a collision repair shop thats been open for nearly 20 years now... I can say for every good shop, there are 10 crappy ones. (I'd recommend ours, but its down in San Diego)

other wise, DRP's arn't necessarily bad, they just tend to give lower prices to select insurance companies. That being said, some less reputable shops will then take short cuts on the repairs in order to make up for that discount.

So, my recommendation... #1, get multiple quotes from several shops. and compare the sheets between them. You'll be surprised how much variation there is between estimates.

#2, Make sure the shops tech's are certified!!! and that they have the latest equipment to make the repair.

and #3 is my pet peeve... parts that can be removed from the car to be repaired and painted should be. as in if you see them painting a bumper or fender while its still attached to the car, take your $$$ some where else. This also goes for not pulling the glass when appropriate (wind shield for pillar painting or quarter glass when painting the quarter panel.) as these are the shops that are cutting corners to make more of a buck.
You are absolutely correct. but if you are not working with the industry then how do you know which equipment is up to date, how can you intelligently define the difference between two or three estimates, how do you know if all three estimate is doing the same thing wrong? I work in the industry and still get worked over on big sheets.

Got to have some faith and go to a place where they have something to lose. Bigger shop is not going to try to steal a couple of dollars.

Let me know when you drop of you car I will talk to Chad about it so he can keep an eye on it. That' if you choose to go that route.