Nevada S2000 Owners Las Vegas, Nevada and area

AZ inviting LV owners to drive the devil!

Old 08-15-2004, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AZ inviting LV owners to drive the devil!

Our annual Devil's Highway drive is coming up. This is a spectacular drive on the road with the most curves in the western US. 91 miles of 10-20 mile per hour curves!!

We've had friends from Irvine, San Diego and Colorado come out in the past - it's time to meet some new people from Las Vegas this year!

Here is information on the drive:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227629

past drive photos:
http://www.s2000arizona.com/gallery/devils2
http://www.s2000arizona.com/gallery/devils (we went a bit too early in the year, but still had an awesome time)

If you want more information, please PM me and I'll give it to you. We can put you up in Phoenix overnight to save you some money too.

This drive is a blast!

Hope to see some of you on the drive.

-Jordan
Old 08-15-2004, 09:37 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

does the drive consist of unexperienced drivers pushing their cars to the limits and acting like twits?

if so, i'll pass. I've read too many stories about people pushing their cars hard on streets and falling off cliffs/hitting guard rails/hitting others

if it's a casual drive... i'd consider it, depending on how DEEP into Arizona it goes.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Former Moderator

Jordan thanks for the invite. Hopefully some of the locals can make it over for the event. I have to check my schedule. It looks like a blast!

Karim
Old 08-16-2004, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds fun. i never have been to Arizona. I wont know if i can attend until late september though.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by itryan,Aug 16 2004, 09:41 AM
sounds fun. i never have been to Arizona. I wont know if i can attend until late september though.
Mike posted interest on the other thread. I think I will be able to make it, but i need to find out how much it is going to cost and see if I will be able to have the cash to do it. Im 60-40 right now that i will be going.

Ryan
Old 08-16-2004, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Ro_Ja Boy,Aug 16 2004, 09:53 AM] Mike posted interest on the other thread. I think I will be able to make it, but i need to find out how much it is going to cost and see if I will be able to have the cash to do it.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by itryan,Aug 16 2004, 10:22 AM
Isnt the drive in the middle of October? I can only go on Sat and Sun. I have to leave Sunday because i work on Monday
Yeh...the end of October. I need to pay for some things before I can go on a trip! That was my point. As far as work, call in sick. If i go, i will take monday off. MMMM...PTO...gotta love it.

Ryan
Old 08-16-2004, 04:32 PM

Here's the info:

The drive:
This is an enjoyable drive, not a race track - the curves are meant to be fun, not to endanger anyone. I drive without worry with the Arizona drivers attending this function. I don't want "twits" either, that would make me not want to go as well. If you know any "twits" that shoudn't go, let me know. That's not the intent of this drive.

Time Commitment:
The drive is going to take you a little longer since you are coming to Arizona and you are going to the other side of the state. California owners go with us each year and drive farther to the drive. Typically, they drive out Friday evening (leave 5PM) stay at one of our homes and then drive Saturday to Greer with us. Sunday we drive the Devil's Highway. Monday drive back to Phoenix - they drove home that evening. For them it was a full three days. The drive to Greer is about 4 hours, the Sunday drive is all day. If you can't take Monday off, you shouldn't come - we drive on Sunday because there is little to no traffic on these roads that day.

Costs:
-Bed and Breakfast room - $90/night for a room with one bed with breakfast each morning (tax already included I booked my room already), there is also a suite and a bunk bed room. The bunk bed room and the suite cost a little more but you can put 4 or more people in those rooms and split the costs - Irvine did the bunk room the first year.
-Food - dinners in Greer are $20+ drinks, lunch is cheap - we eat at Guayo's mexican food on the way out, less than $10 and typically just make it back to Phoenix on Monday. I would say $75 would cover food and drinks for the weekend.
-Gas - about $2.20/gallon - I would expect $60 in gas
-wear and tear on the tires and car...
-Total with a single room about $315 (down to $200 if you split rooms) - about the same as the Megameet.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:06 PM

If I dont go to the import drag finals in Cali I would be down to roll with someone to lessen the cost.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by dms2k,Aug 16 2004, 09:06 PM
If I dont go to the import drag finals in Cali I would be down to roll with someone to lessen the cost.
You are more than welcome to roll with me brotha! Especially cuz you got good taste in music!