NES2KO Marketplace For Sale section for New England - Members Only

Why doesn't Obama get it?

Old 03-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey,Mar 9 2009, 04:01 PM
OK, so you don't agree with his spending $, we know that based on previous posts, but what CAN HE DO to make the economy better???? Tell us!

Bill is suggesting some actions with the banks...what else? Fiscal responsibility? Of course we want that, we all want that, but that still does not answer how Mr. Obama can fix this mess and stimulate the economy?

BTW, the people that got us were we are are known as Republicans.

PS Part of his stimulus package helps the unemployed. I don't see that as extending the pain. By extending the benefits, it could help folks keep their homes and stay above water. By allowing the unemployed to pay less for the COBRA coverage, it allows more people to remain insured, which is important, IMHO. I don't see that as extending the pain.
First thing he can do is stop!!!!!!

Sit tight for 30 days re-think and re-group.

What he is doing now is just trying to plug every hole he sees and hears of with out future tax dollars. Whoa down and reason, he is smart why cant he stop and reason.

Now as far as republicans i could care less remember i am an independant. Like I said you know I didnt vote for obama but you still do not know whom I voted for Lets put it this way 2 people had to vote for obama after my vote to get him back to even
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Mar 9 2009, 03:39 PM
The economy was pretty good during those years.
I did pretty well. Graduated college, got a job within 6 weeks, bought a car, bought a condo.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,Mar 9 2009, 05:38 PM
F THEM!!! poor ass bastards!!

NO ONE GIVES ME A FREE CELL PHONE!!

I'VE HAD IT THE POOR SUCKING OFF MY TEET

I'M GONNA STOP paying my taxes and mortage
Than you can join all those you dont want to support any longer
Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,Mar 9 2009, 05:52 PM
house of cards
how many times do we have to tell you that all started way back when clinton was in office. Go back and read modern history. look at the things he did which have led us to today. Ctmeche say its in his post, i say it now and others have said it all along. But you dems just refuse to listen and admit thats where the problem began. You would rather toss GW under the bus than own up to what has really transpired. O and your new magic man is now spending your retirement. O vay!

O ya and as an addition to my post when i was answering the phone deregulation issue right b4 the thread got locked

A dem was behind most of it I studied last night and it took a while to uncover but the person that had his hands in the cookie jar there was http://dorgan.senate.gov/about/biography/

Lastly this post is nothing personal Steve you know that.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:59 PM

you can tell me all day long - as we both know it's wrong

W pretended there was no problem and left this mess for the next president
Old 03-09-2009, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bass,Mar 9 2009, 06:59 PM
you can tell me all day long - as we both know it's wrong

W pretended there was no problem and left this mess for the next president
Ok I will partly agree there. W did diddly in the last year that is 100% true. But to say he created it and its all his fault is entirely untrue.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:08 PM

we also didn't waste BILLIONS in Iraq under clinton when the real problem was in afganistan
Old 03-09-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Mar 9 2009, 05:49 PM
First thing he can do is stop!!!!!!

Sit tight for 30 days re-think and re-group.

What he is doing now is just trying to plug every hole he sees and hears of with out future tax dollars. Whoa down and reason, he is smart why cant he stop and reason.
Dave, I still see no concrete suggestions....
Old 03-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,037 Likes on 2,682 Posts

Originally Posted by CTMechE,Mar 9 2009, 04:08 PM
A mortgage is an agreement, you BOTH have to say yes to it. Unfortunately, thanks to a previous Democrat, they were financially encouraged to provide loans to people who were previously turned away cold. AKA "sub-prime." Before then, there was no way to make money on that group of people, so they were simply told no. But those people were underprivelidged, right? So of course it's the Democratic party stance to help those people achieve the dream of owning a home.

You can call banks greedy. Banks want money, it's what they do. Everyone should know that by now. But no bank wants to own a house. Unfortunately, they took a risk, and a lot of other people lied in order to literally get their foot in the door.
Ok Mike,
Here's some irony.
Prior to the easing of rules for fannie and freddie compliant mortgages, they were getting slammed for not issuing mortgages to lower income families.
This created the opening for Wall st to come in.

It is important to make the distinction between banks and investment banks.

your regional little saving and loan that generated a mortgage was going to own that piece of paper.
Generally they held the and serviced the note, they were careful and made sure the buyers would pay it back.

The investment banks working through loan originators didn't give royal rats ass who they signed as long as the could get rid of the hot potato before the music stopped.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey,Mar 9 2009, 07:09 PM
Dave, I still see no concrete suggestions....
Wheres yours?

Here is one for you

Might seem small but WOW ill bet the $ here are astronomical.
Have every govt employee have the same health and retirement plans of avg America. Eliminate the pension plan for the senate and replace it with a 401K plan with no more than a 6% match. Than make all members of govt pay their health insurance just like you and I do.

Can someone do the math savings here?

Quick Reply: Why doesn't Obama get it?