NES2KO Marketplace For Sale section for New England - Members Only

Why doesn't Obama get it?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bass,Mar 9 2009, 02:37 PM
RIGHT

isn't it the banks who say yes or no to a mortgage? or do you mean the greedy people who work for the banks..
A mortgage is an agreement, you BOTH have to say yes to it. Unfortunately, thanks to a previous Democrat, they were financially encouraged to provide loans to people who were previously turned away cold. AKA "sub-prime." Before then, there was no way to make money on that group of people, so they were simply told no. But those people were underprivelidged, right? So of course it's the Democratic party stance to help those people achieve the dream of owning a home.

You can call banks greedy. Banks want money, it's what they do. Everyone should know that by now. But no bank wants to own a house. Unfortunately, they took a risk, and a lot of other people lied in order to literally get their foot in the door.

Yes, a lot of hardworking people who lost their jobs are losing their houses. And there always are. But there are way, WAY too many instances of people who lied on their income, or simply agreed to adjustable mortgages with no idea how they were going to pay the inflated amount a few years down the road. It's those people I call stupid. And there's no fix for that. A fool and his money are soon parted, and there's a line of people waiting to take it from him, mortgage broker or otherwise. You offer a high-risk loan to someone who has no other choice, and of course they're gonna take it. Like an alcoholic on recovery, only the people with any resolve will make a responsible choice.

Remember, the housing/mortgage crisis started BEFORE the economy started dumping jobs. It wasn't caused by hard times with people losing their income and then their houses afterwords. That's only happening now. Too many people lied to themselves, and occasionally other people... and over-extended their borrowing.

Obama's plan for houses was interesting this past go-around, since he claimed he it wouldn't help people who lied. As a result, I don't think it's going to do much to change the housing market. Sure it might help some people, which I'm fine with. But I'm tired of reading articles about people who say "I just want to stay in my home."
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87,Mar 9 2009, 03:04 PM
1. If what he's done has had this much effect on the economy, it can't be any worse than if he did nothing.

2. Hard to accept that Dems have blame in this fiasco, isn't it?

3. Hell-let's just pay off their houses!! And throw in free insurance as well!! Hell-why not every unemployed worker a new Chevy? It's help GM out at the same time.
don't forget about our FREE HDTV
Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

First Lady Michelle Obama showed up Thursday as a surprise and welcome volunteer at Miriam's Kitchen, a soup kitchen for homeless poor people not far from the White House.

She brought with her some food donated by White House staff.

The first lady served up mushroom risotto and broccoli to a long line of homeless men and women during part of her lunch hour and in these photos poses for a picture by one homeless diner obviously excited to be in the first lady's presence.

Obama said she hoped her service would cause other Americans to volunteer to help the less fortunate in their own communities.

And, of course, such images of need might also help build support for her husband's economic and healthcare reform agenda, although a Miriam's spokeswoman said their average "guest" has been homeless since about the time Barack Obama was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2004.

Miriam's is a privately funded soup kitchen about seven blocks from the White House that has 1,200 volunteers and serves about 300, mainly men, each morning. Our colleague Mark Silva has more on the volunteer work in the Swamp here.

Both of these news photos were widely distributed across the country and even around the world.

It doesn't detract from the first lady's generous gesture or the real needs she seeks to highlight to ask two bothersome journalistic questions about these news photos:

If this unidentified meal recipient is too poor to buy his own food, how does he afford a cellphone?

And if he is homeless, where do they send the cellphone bills?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Bass,Mar 9 2009, 04:09 PM
don't forget about our FREE HDTV
Keep the masses occupied while Rome burns.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 PM

goverment free cell phones

http://thenewtj105.wordpress.com/2008/08/1...or-poor-people/
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Bass,Mar 9 2009, 04:29 PM
You do realize that you are paying for that, don't you Steve?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:38 PM

F THEM!!! poor ass bastards!!

NO ONE GIVES ME A FREE CELL PHONE!!

I'VE HAD IT THE POOR SUCKING OFF MY TEET

I'M GONNA STOP paying my taxes and mortage
Old 03-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey,Mar 9 2009, 02:33 PM
And the six years previous??
The economy was pretty good during those years.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM

house of cards
Old 03-09-2009, 01:17 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Mar 9 2009, 04:39 PM
The economy was pretty good during those years.
Maybe for you. We pretty much went backwards while W was in the White house.

Quick Reply: Why doesn't Obama get it?