NES2KO Marketplace For Sale section for New England - Members Only

Why doesn't Obama get it?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Mar 9 2009, 02:39 PM

Lainey as far as the ? what would I do?

First thing is stop spending money we dont have, the people that did that already have gotten us where we are and Obama is just extending the pain.
OK, so you don't agree with his spending $, we know that based on previous posts, but what CAN HE DO to make the economy better???? Tell us!

Bill is suggesting some actions with the banks...what else? Fiscal responsibility? Of course we want that, we all want that, but that still does not answer how Mr. Obama can fix this mess and stimulate the economy?

BTW, the people that got us were we are are known as Republicans.

PS Part of his stimulus package helps the unemployed. I don't see that as extending the pain. By extending the benefits, it could help folks keep their homes and stay above water. By allowing the unemployed to pay less for the COBRA coverage, it allows more people to remain insured, which is important, IMHO. I don't see that as extending the pain.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lainey,Mar 9 2009, 02:01 PM
You make the common mistake in forgetting all those House and Senate Democrats who had majority control for the past 2 years. And did NOTHING. And had an even lower approval rating than Bush/Cheney.

Yeah, I think it's great that Obama is *trying* to do something. But he's being superficial, which is really what got him elected. He looks and sounds smart, but the majority of the public isn't even going to pay attention as to whether or not his policies have any substance or thought put into them.

I've said it before, and Bill makes the same comment: a LOT of people are going to find out real soon that they're "rich."

Honestly, I think automakers should be left alone. Don't pay 'em a cent. Let 'em go bankrupt. Another automaker will buy the engineering talent and the mfr plants. Not everyone will lose their job.

There's no easy answer to the home mortgage situation. I think the majority of the problem is people, not banks. And there's just no fix for stupid.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by CTMechE,Mar 9 2009, 03:31 PM
You make the common mistake in forgetting all those House and Senate Democrats who had majority control for the past 2 years. And did NOTHING. And had an even lower approval rating than Bush/Cheney.
And the six years previous??
Old 03-09-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by CTMechE,Mar 9 2009, 02:31 PM

There's no easy answer to the home mortgage situation. I think the majority of the problem is people, not banks. And there's just no fix for stupid.
RIGHT

isn't it the banks who say yes or no to a mortgage? or do you mean the greedy people who work for the banks..
Old 03-09-2009, 11:44 AM

here ya go Bill!!

want to do your part to help

start supporting the President

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090309/ap_on_...buffett_economy
Old 03-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey,Mar 9 2009, 03:01 PM
OK, so you don't agree with his spending $, we know that based on previous posts, but what CAN HE DO to make the economy better???? Tell us!

Bill is suggesting some actions with the banks...what else? Fiscal responsibility? Of course we want that, we all want that, but that still does not answer how Mr. Obama can fix this mess and stimulate the economy?

PS Part of his stimulus package helps the unemployed. I don't see that as extending the pain. By extending the benefits, it could help folks keep their homes and stay above water. By allowing the unemployed to pay less for the COBRA coverage, it allows more people to remain insured, which is important, IMHO. I don't see that as extending the pain.
1. Stop trying to 'help' the economy. It ain't working.

2. So no Democrat has any blame for the mess we are in?
I'll give you 1 name. Barney Frank. According to him, everything was peachy keen a few months ago.

3. You want to help the unemployed? Stop trying to coddle them.
And who the heck is going to pay for their share of COBRA, when they can't pay for it?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by zdave87,Mar 9 2009, 03:45 PM
1. Stop trying to 'help' the economy. It ain't working.

2. So no Democrat has any blame for the mess we are in?
I'll give you 1 name. Barney Frank. According to him, everything was peachy keen a few months ago.

3. You want to help the unemployed? Stop trying to coddle them.
And who the heck is going to pay for their share of COBRA, when they can't pay for it?
1. So the President should take NO action? Hmmm. I think folks would complain about that..

2. No opinion on that one, I've head that before.

3. Coddling the unemployed??? Give me a ___ break. You want to see more people lose their homes? You want more uninsured people......yeah, that's the answer all right.

You, Dave are a great big

Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 AM

you blame Kerry and Frank for everything
Old 03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey,Mar 9 2009, 03:57 PM
1. So the President should take NO action? Hmmm. I think folks would complain about that..

2. No opinion on that one, I've head that before.

3. Coddling the unemployed??? Give me a ___ break. You want to see more people lose their homes? You want more uninsured people......yeah, that's the answer all right.

You, Dave are a great big

1. If what he's done has had this much effect on the economy, it can't be any worse than if he did nothing.

2. Hard to accept that Dems have blame in this fiasco, isn't it?

3. Hell-let's just pay off their houses!! And throw in free insurance as well!! Hell-why not every unemployed worker a new Chevy? It's help GM out at the same time.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Bass,Mar 9 2009, 03:57 PM
you blame Kerry and Frank for everything
They have as much blame as any other politician in office.

Quick Reply: Why doesn't Obama get it?