Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

Yet another lane hogger moan.

Old 01-02-2008 | 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ-2000,Jan 2 2008, 06:11 PM
I've done the same as someone else said earlier where on a motorway I've overtaken them correctly, moved in front of them and then gone into the left hand lane as a sort of 'look - this is where you should be moron' -
i do that to ....it never works
Old 01-02-2008 | 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so your a cop then john?
whats the general 'excuse' people give when they are caught doing something stupid
claim it was lazy and they do actually know better or they genuinely didnt know?
Old 01-02-2008 | 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jan 2 2008, 06:09 PM
I don't see why more hoggers aren't pulled. Just because they 'can't' be prosecuted, doesn't mean they can't be bollocked or inconvenienced.

I saw a good example of the latter recently. At least half a dozen drivers had driven in a very selfish, but possibly legal way. Dibble had pulled them over and was making them wait, in order to show them that their selfishness had obviously had the opposite effect.

As I've said - the Government has effectively caused 'targets' to be set for officers .... though my management prefers to call them 'a measure of an individuals performance'

You are right in that even though it is not necessarily an offence it can be dealt with by way of advice - or 'education' as we used to call it ..... but, so long as officers are 'marked' on the number and type of tickets they issue those 'performance indicators' will affect what they do.... and reduce the number of stops merely to offer 'advice' accordingly.

Thankfully I have no targets in the same way so am free to hand out 'advice' where I see fit .... and 'waste' the drivers time whilst I do so in a similar vein to your example
Old 01-02-2008 | 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by John57,Jan 2 2008, 06:03 PM
Unfortunately, officers will almost always now only stop things if they can ticket / prohibit / seize, etc as then their stop shows on their record of work

Right or wrong you can blame the government for that one ....
or if you think you might get her telephone number?

true enough, bloody targets
Old 01-02-2008 | 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by veehexx,Jan 2 2008, 06:30 PM
so your a cop then john?
whats the general 'excuse' people give when they are caught doing something stupid
claim it was lazy and they do actually know better or they genuinely didnt know?
All of the things you mention ......

Or they stare in silence listening to the fact they are getting a ticket and then say something along the lines of 'Haven't you got anything better to do' .... after which I, for one, never have

I should add that my main role at work is not one of being a ticket machine ..... you have to do well to get a ticket off me
Old 01-02-2008 | 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=gaddafi,Jan 2 2008, 06:34 PM]or if you think you might get her telephone number?
Old 01-02-2008 | 10:06 AM

John.. two questions.

1. Is there a special code you can give to traffic cops to get away with speeding? Not that you would tell me on a forum but got to ask!

2. Have you ever heard of 'car snooker' when Police are bored? I hated driving a Black car as they were worth the most points.. great with Silver because there isn't and Silver balls!!
Old 01-02-2008 | 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lloyd Six,Jan 2 2008, 07:06 PM
John.. two questions.

1. Is there a special code you can give to traffic cops to get away with speeding? Not that you would tell me on a forum but got to ask!

2. Have you ever heard of 'car snooker' when Police are bored? I hated driving a Black car as they were worth the most points.. great with Silver because there isn't and Silver balls!!
1. No - if they know you are a Traffic Officer you are more likely to get a ticket (2nd only to being a senior officer )

2. Complete fiction - at least AFAIK ..... Officers joke about it but no one I know seems to know anyone who actually did it - there are soooo many worthy cases out there for attention you simply wouldn't be able to complete a frame
Old 01-02-2008 | 10:33 AM

John can you do me a favour and slap the next driver you come across that calls it the fast lane - personal pet hate of mine.

Thank You!
Old 01-02-2008 | 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

bitch slap to be specific

I too would be grateful

Quick Reply: Yet another lane hogger moan.