MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Turkey Day is upon us.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Turkey Day is upon us.

Hello all you KC/OK/MO folks! I have not seen the vast majority of you all for over 6 months, so I thought I would wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I get very sentimental during the holidays, and I was thinking about everything that I am grateful for:

-my family
-my friends
-my health
-my career

Without a lot of the above, I may have not been able to be sitting at my computer typing this. It has been a rough year, and its amazing how when your life hits rock bottom how you will find out who is really there for you. I can never explain 100% how great it was to have so many great people in my life this past summer, because they are the only reason I survived. Some, in fact, are members of this forum....and you know who you are. I count my blessings every day and I hope you all do the same. Take care of your family and friends, you may need them to take care of you some day.

So anyway, if you care to contribute to this thread, what are you thankful for?
Old 11-21-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goodness...it would be better and easier to say "what AREN'T you grateful for"...?

I am grateful for:

1. First and foremost, having GREAT parents. They brought me up right and taught me right from wrong. They taught me to appreciate things not for what they are, but for what they could be.

2. Second, definitely for having health. Being healthy for the most part has allowed me to be the person that I am today. It has allowed me to concentrate on what I enjoy to do and on developing professionally.

3. Third, I am thankful for opportunities in life. While I think I have been pretty successful with what I do, it is definitely about being in the right place at the right time. Opportunity is only a good opportunity if we take advantage of it. Being able to recognize opportunities as such, is key in developing further as a person

4. Fourth, I could go oooooooooon and onnnnnnnnn...so that would be my top 3.