MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Portable Garage help!

Old 06-26-2006, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Portable Garage help!

So in late July I am going to be moving into a house with no garage. Right now I have a garage half the week and coverd parking at my apartment. I need advice on what to do with my car. The house basically has a driveway and a small parking lot in the back of the house. I'm sure I could put a small portable garage in the backparking lot area. I guess I'm worried about any type of hail/snow/hard rain during the year. There are also very large trees above the parking area, so there would be a lot of shade, but I'm sure my car will get very dirty under them. Though the trees could offer some protection from hail. Do you think I should invest in a portable garage, I see myself living there for at least a year or two. Or should I just buy a cover for the car?

If anyone owns a portable garage, or knows someone who ones one, please tell me what they are like... also, are there any stores in town that sell portable garages? I live in the Lawrence area... but would drive anywhere within an hour to buy one.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ks311stylee,Jun 26 2006, 03:26 PM
So in late July I am going to be moving into a house with no garage. Right now I have a garage half the week and coverd parking at my apartment. I need advice on what to do with my car. The house basically has a driveway and a small parking lot in the back of the house. I'm sure I could put a small portable garage in the backparking lot area. I guess I'm worried about any type of hail/snow/hard rain during the year. There are also very large trees above the parking area, so there would be a lot of shade, but I'm sure my car will get very dirty under them. Though the trees could offer some protection from hail. Do you think I should invest in a portable garage, I see myself living there for at least a year or two. Or should I just buy a cover for the car?

If anyone owns a portable garage, or knows someone who ones one, please tell me what they are like... also, are there any stores in town that sell portable garages? I live in the Lawrence area... but would drive anywhere within an hour to buy one.
I know of someone selling some greenhouses that are big enough to fit 1 vehicle in. You'd still have to purchase the plastic that cover's it....and, if the hail was large enough(baseball), it will puncture it. Let me know if your interested.