MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Moving to KC area

Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to KC area

We will be moving to KC from Tulsa in about a month and need to find a place to live. An aparment will work, as long as it has a garage. Any suggestions? I have done a lot of checking online but it would be good to hear from someone that had a good personal experience with an apartment. A rental house would be even better, but probably more than I want to spend. If anyone knows of a rental house for under $800 please let me know. Oh, we would like to live in the Overland Park/Olathe area.

Thanks
Jamie

PS Looking forward to autocrossing in KC. The events have been hit and miss around here since we cannot find a good site. It appears that is not a problem in KC.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

From what I have experienced, they have one of the most organized autocross groups around. Lucky bastages!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JulieU,Jul 4 2006, 03:15 PM
Lucky bastages!
Don't hate.

I would suggest looking in Gardner, which is so close to Olathe you could throw a rock from Olathe and hit someone on their front porch in Gardner.....its a growing town with a lot available.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:02 PM

How soon do you make the move? Get an apartment guide. You have literally over 50 descent choices within a 20 mile radius...depending on where you are moving to. OP has better options but plan on spending $ 700 - $ 1,200 for a descent apartment with all the goodies. Olathe rates go from $ 600 - 1000...again, all depending on how nice of a place you want.

Autox...shiznit...one pretty much every weekend, and sometimes, 2 events per weekend.

PM me your address and I can send you an apartment guide and mark the ones that I know of for a fact that are good choices. Also, let me know the top dollar you are willing to pay and what you MUST have as far as washer/dryer remote access, pet walking service, massages, sauna,...etc...I am not even kidding here, the last place I stayed at (WOCC) even had a movie theatre with reclinable leather couches, big enough for 50 people.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the offer, but my post was probably a little late. We are heading to KC tomorrow to house hunt. I have an apartment guide and have been all over the net today looking at different ones and checking reviews. We have a game plan, hopefully we find a decent place and end up in a nice area.

Again, thanks for the offer.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by jtforrester,Jul 5 2006, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the offer, but my post was probably a little late. We are heading to KC tomorrow to house hunt. I have an apartment guide and have been all over the net today looking at different ones and checking reviews. We have a game plan, hopefully we find a decent place and end up in a nice area.

Again, thanks for the offer.
Something near 325 Mur-len in Olathe is best.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm from olathe area, so if you have any questions. I'd say anything near 119th and I-35 is the best part of Olathe to get an apartment. I think it's the best part of Olathe, and if you need to go to any other city you are close to I-35/435, and 119th gets you to overland park pretty fast. Plus you are near the movie theaters, shops, etc.... Plus i'm sure a lot of apartments in that part of olathe have coverd parking or garages.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ks311stylee,Jul 5 2006, 05:01 PM
I'm from olathe area, so if you have any questions. I'd say anything near 119th and I-35 is the best part of Olathe to get an apartment. I think it's the best part of Olathe, and if you need to go to any other city you are close to I-35/435, and 119th gets you to overland park pretty fast. Plus you are near the movie theaters, shops, etc.... Plus i'm sure a lot of apartments in that part of olathe have coverd parking or garages.
Yeah, then you are not too far from a Walgreens...namley mine....
Old 07-06-2006, 06:48 AM

Anyone know anything about The Village at Lions Gate or Regents Walk? We will probably decide between these two.

Thanks in advance.
Jamie
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by jtforrester,Jul 6 2006, 08:48 AM
Anyone know anything about The Village at Lions Gate or Regents Walk? We will probably decide between these two.

Thanks in advance.
Jamie
well...it is best if you go to:

www.apartmentratings.com

www.apartmentreviews.net

www.placesforrent.com

you will get feedback from people that live there or have lived there...it is fairly accurate.

I have heard great stories about both of the ones you are mentioning but also some nightmares...

Angel

Quick Reply: Moving to KC area