MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Great new shop that opened recently

Old 02-04-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wong - sounds like u r having problems with the Vorteck! As of now Vorteck does not have a system for 05 and Comptech does. Vortech informed me theirs will be out in a few weeks. It looks like vortech runs about $500 less per superchargersonline.com. I am going to wait untill Vortech gets theirs on the street and see about cost but your reliability issue concerns me.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:15 PM

well its not like its a problem its like i had to change my driving style to keep the car on full boost, or not on it, instead of toggling the line, its just the stupid speed limit signs new my school are a biotch, and want me running at rpm's my car doens't like its either to high or to low. but such is everything when you get something new for your car, you just have to get addjusted to it, i'll be up there next weekend, hanging out at dieman on friday and saturday, if you come by we can take the S out for a spin. and i'll show you what i mean, and also what the car can do now
~Richard
Old 02-05-2005, 12:26 PM

The boost on the Comptech unit comes on at Vtec, although I had the AEM EMS on it and had it start at 4200 rpms. As far as price goes I can get you a heck of a deal, I am a nopi dealer. What I do with my friends is have them ship it directly to you so that you don't have to pay sales tax. I think my Comptech I got for 3800 or so. Let me know if I can help.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:23 PM

Fran - Yes, Yes, Yes I would like to go with Comptech S/C w/Aftercooler if u can get prices in that area. I only have 800 miles on the car right now and I wanted to get it to around 2k-3k before adding S/C. Also I wanted to try the autocross without it first and the driving school @ HP April 02-03. So around mid April is when I would want it. Let me know.

Wong - I would like to see/ride your S2000. Let me know your schedule. My email is spsmith444@sbcglobal.net.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:28 AM

Fran / Wong - Z06-KILLR suggested getting together @ Krispy Kreme on Sturday A.M. Or maybe we could meet @ Dieman and get a cup of coffee & donut near there?
Old 02-07-2005, 06:40 AM

Saturdays are bad for me, once and a while I can get off but Sundays are much better

CUL8ER, Let me know when you are ready.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:22 PM

sundays are awful for me, cause those are the days i drive back to texas. i'll be there all saturday since i get there when jake opens the shop, so feel free to stop by Dieman
Old 02-08-2005, 06:11 AM

Oh well, maybe once and a while I might be able to get off for a few hours.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:29 AM

Wong- I will plan on stopping by on Saturday. Is there a certain time u b there? I would like to go for a ride if possible!!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:28 PM

i will be there ALL DAY, from open to close, if i am not there then i will be back shortly, but any s2000 people who want to stop by are more then welcome. it may scare the owners of dieman a bit, but i don't think they will mind it. on another note i think my boost comes on a bit over 35oo rpm causei can feel the car's characteristics change and also the sound

i would suggest though when ordering a s/c that you should plan on changing the clutch raither soon cause the stock clutch will ware out fairly fast, not fast enough for it to be a major problem, i've gone almost 2 mothns now but am starting to feel it leave me.

Quick Reply: Great new shop that opened recently